What did you buy your Z3 this week ?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: What did you buy your Z3 this week ?

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Thankyou Bertie, youre not wrong, a tenth of the price in fact so theres one on its way.. i,ll check for a spelling mistake before i fit the badge!
Regards Jeremy.
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

One of Ebay's finest used instrument clusters in an attempt to fix my EEP_1 problem. Unfortunately the replacement has a higher mileage than my car so I need to try to synchronise it with my on-board log. It was only £30 so it's a bit of a punt.
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

Renaud wrote:Hello Jeremy,

Both parts are genuine BMW from main dealers, the cheapest I could find was from Soper's of Lincoln. Part number for the boot lid roundel is 51141872969, at a cost of £33.37 including VAT and postage. Its probably worth checking the exact part number you need on realoem.com, as there may be differences between the models

If you look at the photo on my previous post, the fitted roundel on the left is the new one, with the old one on the right starting to delaminate between the B and the M.

Hope that helps.

Rgds

R
Soper's are brilliant! THey sold me my cruise interface at a better price than my local Sytner and post free too. Highly recommended.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Z3Jeremy wrote:Thankyou Bertie, youre not wrong, a tenth of the price in fact so theres one on its way.. i,ll check for a spelling mistake before i fit the badge!
Regards Jeremy.
:cheers
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

New Brembo brake discs and pads all around :D
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Engine oil
Oil filter and o rings
Air filter
6 spark plugs

and after spending the last couple of months stripping down my interior and doing a DIY extended leather dash an original one with OEM extended leather has come up for sale :head: but I couldn't resist so I have bought that.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

just tried a boot carrier ready for my Le Mans Classic trip
peter2b
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Sachs front shocks and top mounts fitted, now just bought a pair of Sachs rear shocks.
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Koolflyer wrote:Sachs front shocks and top mounts fitted, now just bought a pair of Sachs rear shocks.
I have recently renewed all my springs and shocks with o.e.m. Sachs kit. Where did you get yours from?

:cheers

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

I've had a long list of error codes that all pointed to an air leak. I finally got chance to have a good look today and spotted a split on the air inlet tubing (the large bore section). I did a quick temp repair, reset the error codes and left it running a while and no errors returned (plus it's idling a lot smoother again now).

This means that I'll be buying my Z3 an air intake hose and then hopefully a fresh MOT this week.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

that's what my zed had but Robert T sorted it out for me same area but it was the small pipe that had split did a temp repair last year using nylon mesh and self vulcanised gunge and gloves still holding strong(got a spare pipe just in case)
peter2b
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

A baby brother :)

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=44270

And for the baby brother all the parts (hopefully) to repair :)
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

I have recently renewed all my springs and shocks with o.e.m. Sachs kit. Where did you get yours from?
Eurocar parts. ....EASTER20 and this weekend HOLIDAY25 % discount...worth having.
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Cracking deal! I got my bits from them as well, but I didn't get that much of discount. I also got all of my brake bits from them.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

A small electrical component. It cost £1.27 for 10, although I only need one. I'm a wee bit upset at the £1.14 extra that I had to pay, but I'm chuffed to bits at the £726.49 that I hope to save if the repair works :D .
Pingu
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

New set (all 4) of standard height Bilstein B3 coil springs - the top and bottom coils on the originals are looking quite rusty
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

pingu wrote:A small electrical component. It cost £1.27 for 10, although I only need one. I'm a wee bit upset at the £1.14 extra that I had to pay, but I'm chuffed to bits at the £726.49 that I hope to save if the repair works :D .
Share out the spare ones and nine more of us could save £726.49 :o
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Oil filter, fuel filter, pressed metal plates, new tyres fitted and summer wheels back on the car.

Taxed and insured after being sorned and being unable to drive for 6 months, great to be back on the road again 8-)
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

motco wrote:
pingu wrote:A small electrical component. It cost £1.27 for 10, although I only need one. I'm a wee bit upset at the £1.14 extra that I had to pay, but I'm chuffed to bits at the £726.49 that I hope to save if the repair works :D .
Share out the spare ones and nine more of us could save £726.49 :o
I'll share the knowledge and the spares if the repair works. So far, I'm not confident. The part I need will only cost around 50p, but there are hundreds to choose from :shock: .
Pingu
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

peter2b wrote:that's what my zed had but Robert T sorted it out for me same area but it was the small pipe that had split did a temp repair last year using nylon mesh and self vulcanised gunge and gloves still holding strong(got a spare pipe just in case)
peter2b
There was a small pipe that was bit crumbly too, but for now I've just trimmed it back to a more solid piece. The new air intake tubing fitted perfectly and was a lot cheaper than some places I found (like GSF for example). It now starts and idles smoothly, just waiting to take it for an MOT on Thursday, so hopefully I'll be able to drive it after that all being well.

I bought a soft top cleaning kit by Autoglym so I got that done yesterday while it was still a bit cloudy and it has come up a treat. Today I just cleaned up the discs a little and cleaned out the arches and wheel backs while I had access, so at least it looks sparkling going for it's MOT. :)

EDIT: This is the intake I ordered incase it helps others:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-AIR-INTAK ... 645362469?

This fits a 2001 3.0 model.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Some new LED sidelight bulbs and a stainless steel backbox.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Made an arrangement to buy Hamann side mirrors - last missing piece for full Hamann kit.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

loads of go juce for a nice 700 mile holiday arround Suffolk and 1/2 ltr oil
peter2b
murray

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by murray »

Followed a super Z3 down the M1 which had led inserts in the fog lights they were multi led bulbs in the shape of a 'C' looked superb anyone know where they can be bought
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

4 new perilli tyres from TYRESONTHEDRIVE. superb service and the same price as Camskill / Tyre leader when you add fitting but they are currently offering 0% finance for 12 months.

Can't recommend them enough!!

(look forward to the "new tyre" syndrome to wear off though - currently driving like Deano lol)
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Toony

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Toony »

Recently replaced all four tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1s - should have done so ages ago, as the car behaves really well on them. Then this week replaced the wiper blades (no shortage of rain lately :( ). Got some Michelin Stealth 20" on offer now in Asda for £7.50 each. They look fine and clear the screen well.

Also replaced the Aerial Grommet, which had perished (been on the car for 17 years I guess). There are a couple of helpful posts on here which made doing this quite easy. Picked up the part from Sytner for £9.50 (little bit of discount), and at that still looks expensive for what is a small rubber moulding. However, it now looks tidy and should avoid any risk of water ingress.

To complete, replaced the 2 chrome tail pipe finishers. This time with some aftermarket parts from local factors (52mm dia) which are a snug fit on the original outlets. Just needed to shorten them by 20mm or so. The genuine replacements appear to be upwards of £30 ea, these were £6 ea - saving £48 overall, enough for fuel to have some fun :D
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

new gear knob emblem, and tacky steering wheel cover to cover up my badly worn steering wheel...

and new antenna grommet now fitted, removed all wheel nuts and found a few quite loose, cleaned them all up and gave them a nice shiny coat of silver, removed idle control valve screw one at a time and painted them up as looked tatty under bonnet, TPS screws next to get the under bonnet treatment. polished up the front lights as they were looking a bit hazy...

more polishing to outside of car, and bought a new fluorescent light for my garage so i can work inside and do more polishing and touching up of cars paintwork....
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

New MOT, N/S/F wishbone and N/S/R brake caliper. Thats the sensible stuff . The not so necessary stuff blue caliper paint and BMW decals
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

I think I need new rear shock top bushes getting a knock on rough roads ok when on smooth roads,been getting worse since swmbo heard it (I have the cd player up hi she doesn't)so I can hear the knock now just behind my head also the top of the ram that pushes the hood up is a bit loose and rattles when the hood is up so that needs sorting
Peter2b
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Broke the bank this week, aerial grommet for the rear wing :)
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Brian H wrote:Broke the bank this week, aerial grommet for the rear wing :)
:shock: Well, you do live in Scotland Brian................. you shopped around for a price I take it!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Plastic screw plugs and plastic screws for the jack pads I bought the other week
New door card clips
New side bumper light to replace the one shattered on the Welsh cruise
New LED bulb for the boot
3m Headlight restoration kit
New soft top from Croydon
A few tanks of super unleaded
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

More spare panels :oops: and a passenger door actuator from Andy (thanks mate)

Need to clean them up yet but they look very good on first glance, certainly better than whats on my zed at the moment.
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

ebay jack pad adaptor as i need to get the rear wheels off now i did manage a small block of wood for the front, but seeing as i will be doing most of the mechanical wokr myself i thought i better buy one...

next few days the rear wheels are coming off for a full clean, and the rear disks / drums will be inspected, and handbrake shoes adjusted and rear calipers to be painted to match the front....
scooobydont

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by scooobydont »

I did that too and live in Scotland as well.

Value beans and toast for a wee while...
NZ00Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by NZ00Z3 »

A new clutch from Dual mass flywheel to release bearing and managed to sneak under the minister of finance (she how earns the money) in a set of UUC stainless steel braided brake lines and a motive bleeder in the mix.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

scooobydont wrote:
I did that too and live in Scotland as well.

Value beans and toast for a wee while...
I think it was our excessive spending alone that encouraged the Bank of England to keep the interest rates at 0.5% :lol: :lol: :lol:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Oh yes....I got some at last.....:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

gookah wrote:Oh yes....I got some at last.....:

Tart, such a slave to fashion :lol: :lol:
JJG

blank

Post by JJG »

Viscous fan coupling
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Yalden got some too.... Job lot?
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

bertiejaffa wrote:

Yalden got some too.... Job lot?
I'm fitting a set of standard hoops now as they seem to be rarer than these nowadays. There's that many Schnitzer hoops about they are probably worth peanuts...

I'm not jealous at all :head:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

|Schnitzer hoops are not bad for £350

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

a new to me abs/asc module.
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

Got some S/hand 18" LM reps at a good price, wasn't sure if I would the black centers and the rims will need a polish over the winter but their really growing on me.
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
ghostprotocol84

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ghostprotocol84 »

A Renovo soft top cleaner, dye and proofer :)
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

Picked these up today of mugs. had to travel to get them but well worth it. nice tripout on my supermoto..
and they are like new Thanks Mugsy.....

just need some advice now on the clear side markers, and front indicator lenses.. any recommendations on what to get and from where...?
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

gookah wrote:|Schnitzer hoops are not bad for £350
I think they tend to go for £600+ nowadays so I was very happy to find a set on eBay for a fraction of that! Just waiting on them to turn up before I gloat any more...!
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

yalden wrote:
gookah wrote:|Schnitzer hoops are not bad for £350
I think they tend to go for £600+ nowadays so I was very happy to find a set on eBay for a fraction of that! Just waiting on them to turn up before I gloat any more...!
For 350 I would buy a spare set :) Too bad I was on vacation from ebay :D
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

A second-hand 60k miles engine to replace a knackered 125k one, due to a heating problem apparently caused by a faulty relay that wouldn't trigger the fan. While he was there, the mechanic also fitted a new radiator (old one had a leak on the expansion tank), clutch, water pump, and thermostat.
And to celebrate RedZed's coming home, a set of style 89s I had repainted.
The mechanic also noticed the air-con circuit was empty, though it was refilled last year.
Guess I'd better get used to eating pasta and spuds for a long while... Still, the drive home after 3 months was worth it.

Boosh.