BMW Car Club

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

BMW Car Club

Post by Mike Fishwick »

There is currently discussion amonst the BMW Car Club as to how it can grow, and in particular why a majority of BMW owners do not join. As a group of owners who share a common enthusiasm for a particular model, Z3 owners make a perfect case - all are enthusiastic about their car, and are presumably aware of the BMW Car Club and it's Z Register yet only a very small proportion are also BMWCC members.

I'm therefore doing a survey into why most of our members are not also members of the BMW Car Club's Z Register - would such owners tell us why they have not joined - have they never really thought about it, never heard of it, or what puts them off?

Don't hang back! Thanks, Mike

Last edited by Mike Fishwick on Sun 25 Nov, 2012 17:04, edited 2 times in total.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: BMW Car Club

Post by TitanTim »

Hi Mike,

I joined the BMW Car Club a few months back, only wished I had done it sooner. I gave the club details of both my Zeds. When I received the Straight Six Mag I received the BMW Club car stickers but also two Z Register car stickers. Does this mean I'm a member? I'm guessing maybe its not clear how to become a member?

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Register membership is an option on the membership form.

Did you pay your membership fee?
freck99

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by freck99 »

I can't say that I've seen any info about the register Mike :?
If you, or anyone else can post a link or some information about it I suspect it might prove popular :wink:

Steve
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Mike Fishwick wrote:Register membership is an option on the membership form.

Did you pay your membership fee?
I can't remember to be honest, will check the letter I received from the club,

Tim.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Never really thought about it - what's the advantage of being a member?
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I'm a member of the BMWCC but have no idea if I'm on the Z register :?:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Titan - are you receiving a copy of 'Straight Six' every month? If not, and you have paid an initial fee of £45 (£35 on renewal by direct debit) then contact the Club Office.
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

If you are a car club member you can apply to be on the z register without further charge. Notify the club office.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by colb »

Just had a look, not seen it before, seems zroadster forum is more active with postings, have signed up so will be dipping in from time to time.

Colb
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Mike Fishwick wrote:Titan - are you receiving a copy of 'Straight Six' every month? If not, and you have paid an initial fee of £45 (£35 on renewal by direct debit) then contact the Club Office.
Mike's reply explains the reason why I don't join. Is the magazine really worth £35 per year? All the other benefits that I have seen are available elsewhere (often for less).

Mike. As a suggestion, why not give the first year free and then charge £35. That way you would get the "curious" joining instead of the "already decided".
Pingu
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Mike Fishwick wrote:Titan - are you receiving a copy of 'Straight Six' every month? If not, and you have paid an initial fee of £45 (£35 on renewal by direct debit) then contact the Club Office.
Yes Mike, I receive the Mag monthy :)

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

pingu wrote:
Mike's reply explains the reason why I don't join. Is the magazine really worth £35 per year? All the other benefits that I have seen are available elsewhere (often for less).

Mike. As a suggestion, why not give the first year free and then charge £35. That way you would get the "curious" joining instead of the "already decided".
To be honest I have to disagree regarding the mag, don't forget its monthly and compared to say BMW Car mag which is around £4.50 per copy is just as good content wise so a years subscription plus the other benefits are worth it. I've already had a discount from my dealer when the Zed was in recently for some work :lol:

Tim.
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

pingu wrote:

I was a member for several years after I got the zed but found there was very little content in the magazine to interest me and very little club activity in the southwest. Once the warranty ran out I've been nowhere near my dealership so no need for member discounts.

With the advent of the Internet and this forum especially I thought I'll save my money and leave BMWCC to the classics and the ///M boys.
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I have been a member for 3 years, but didn't bother this year, cutbacks unfortunately have to be made in these times.
I still get a discount from the dealers for being a member of a forum as much as the car club, (they never once asked to see my card).
I have contributed to the magazine a few times, but the experience at the shows seems a little to 'cliquey' for me.

Oh, and Mike Fishwick's Expat's Views, I find patronising, self-opinionated and extremely annoying......

hope I didn't hold back too much..... :)
Last edited by gookah on Mon 26 Nov, 2012 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

The previous 2 owners of my car were Z club members. When purchasing it I though that was a good thing, however too many little details had been overlooked on mine for my liking when I got it home and it's sort of put me off the Z-register TBH. As would the subscription fee :shock: I get good discounts from a few BMW dealers on parts already and can't afford BMW servicing even if I wanted it.
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I'm sorry that Gookah finds my column to be 'patronising, self-opinionated and extremely annoying...... ' but after all, it's only my view on things, not holy writ!

I was asked to simply produce 700 words a month on any subjects I wanted, in my own style - which seems to please many people.

Whether it is patronising depends on the reader, but frankly I would dispute that. Such a personal column would have to be self-opinionated - or would you prefer a greyness? As for being extremely annoying, perhaps Gookha could explain why, as I do not set out to annoy anyone - controversial perhaps, and thought-provoking yes.

I doubt if I have really put poor old Gookha off the BMWCC, as all he has to do is turn the page. I find the regular adulation of anything with an M badge on it to be uninteresting, but turning the page works for me! - it sounds more like I am being used as a scapegoat
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I glance through the mag rather than read it but I still renew every year and I'm happy to do so.

That said, The OP asked members of this Forum why they haven't joined the BMWCC, Maybe it's best to list the benefits of joining ?

When I first joined, I had to pay extra to be on the Z Register, Five pounds from memory and I got a sticker. I don't believe there are any other benefits to be on the Z Register.

Could we stick to the topic rather than have a 'Stoning.'
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I agree. So, to re-ask my previous question, what are the benefits of joining?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Taken from the BMWCCGB website - http://www.bmwcarclubgb.co.uk/

"Welcome to the official BMW Car Club

The Club provides products, services and events which enhance the enjoyment, value and experience all BMW owners and enthusiasts get from their cars. As well as receiving a quality monthly Club magazine, Straight Six, members can enjoy a wide selection of Club benefits and activities including;
•Discounts on BMW servicing, parts and lifestyle accessories
•Savings on insurances and warrantees
•Discounted hotel stays
•UK and European tours
•Factory visits in the UK and Europe
•Track days
•Concours events
•Discounted trips to various car shows and motorsport events
•Club shop

A combination of these discounts can repay the annual membership fee many times over.

JOY IS BEING PART OF IT!"
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

I think I'll turn to another page.
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

I believe the vast majority have better things to spend their money on.Buying a monthly magazine with dubious benefits from a Club is very 70's to me.This community is a sign of how things have moved on,namely Broadband and the Internet.Great guys helping each other,selling to each other,fixing each others cars,with free advice in abundance.No need to pay for Car Test Reports,the Web provides them for free.No need for membership discounts,surfing the web will get you the best price.How many use their beloved Z3 for a trackday? Not many.If you've got £35 burning a hole in your pocket,give it to your favourite Charity as i bet that feeling will surpass any feeling you get from a magazine dropping thro' your letterbox every month.
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Mike Fishwick wrote:I'm sorry that Gookah finds my column to be 'patronising, self-opinionated and extremely annoying...... ' but after all, it's only my view on things, not holy writ!

I was asked to simply produce 700 words a month on any subjects I wanted, in my own style - which seems to please many people.

Whether it is patronising depends on the reader, but frankly I would dispute that. Such a personal column would have to be self-opinionated - or would you prefer a greyness? As for being extremely annoying, perhaps Gookha could explain why, as I do not set out to annoy anyone - controversial perhaps, and thought-provoking yes.

I doubt if I have really put poor old Gookha off the BMWCC, as all he has to do is turn the page. I find the regular adulation of anything with an M badge on it to be uninteresting, but turning the page works for me! - it sounds more like I am being used as a scapegoat

Been a member for a while now, and as a local committee member in the north east I know that you cannot please all the people all of the time, no matter how much you try :head:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Mike Fishwick wrote: As for being extremely annoying, perhaps Gookha could explain why, as I do not set out to annoy anyone -
I just find the regular digs at 'British drivers', whether abroad or not, annoying, amongst other things.
Mike Fishwick wrote: I find the regular adulation of anything with an M badge on it to be uninteresting,
Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick, but I gather this may have been aimed at me, as it is a little close to home (having the 'Z4M' on my signature)' I do not own an 'M' anymore, in fact I now own a Z3 2.8, and a Z3 1.9 Sport, and actually prefer these two to the M, for various reasons which I won't go into, but I do find that I am enthusiastic about my cars regardless of the marque.
Mike Fishwick wrote: but turning the page works for me!
Or, as in my case, not renewing.

Maybe if you didn't want people to express their reasons, (this being just one of mine) you shouldn't ask, as in the first post.

There is no offence or 'stoning' intended.
Last edited by gookah on Mon 26 Nov, 2012 15:37, edited 2 times in total.

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Fender2004 wrote: Been a member for a while now, and as a local committee member in the north east I know that you cannot please all the people all of the time, no matter how much you try :head:
and that's fine, maybe if the Club listened. it may please more, after all, it's not me asking for increased membership or wanting to know why people are not renewing.
If you want to start a thread and then bury your heads when reasons come along, so be it.
I am sure you can all 'cherry-pick' reasons from the replies, and hope that the ones you want to address from the information will change things.

When you ask for opinions and reasons it's customary to give a 'point noted' answer rather than try and defend there and then.
Whether you take it on board or act is up to you.

PS, when I didnt renew, you actually lost the 3 memberships which I paid for.

BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Well this thread has deteriorated disappointingly. But I guess it's a sign of how helpful and friendly this forum usually is that this one sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think that in today's 'challenging' economic climate even £35 is difficult to justify unless one is convinced that the payback is worth at least that much. Plus, as geminimustang said, we have a nice community on here, and the benefit is that it's focussed on the Z3. I don't have much interest in other BMW models, so it's probably the case that the club isn't for me. However, for lovers of the whole marque, I'm sure it is. I've been a member of one of the Jaguar clubs in the past because not only did I have one, but I have an affinity to all their cars (well, not so much the recent ones).

So, the club isn't for me, but I think Mike has a valid point in bringing it up and at least highlighting its existence. And the comments about the club are, I'm sure, equally valid.

So, can we go back to being nice to each other? I rather prefer it.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Interesting thread this one, always useful to understand people's views no matter how much they may agree or disagree with your own.

As the Z Register Chair you probably won't be surprised to learn that I'm firmly of the belief that I get value from my annual membership of the BMWCCGB (otherwise I wouldn't bother!) It's also worth noting that I don't consider the only value to be monetary - I get a sense of affiliation, camaraderie and personal pride from my (increasing) involvement with the club. From a monetary perspective I tend recoup my annual membership fee with a single hotel booking discount and by submitting a few articles to the club magazine, every other discount that I take advantage of is a bonus.

I recognise that car clubs have evolved during the information age and forums such as this one have clearly had an impact on the traditional construct. As a register chair I'm very conscious that our set up needs to evolve too and am always looking to see how we can satisfy the needs of our members (this is one of the reasons for this thread) so please speak up if there's something specific that you'd like to see. Similarly if you feel that the club hasn't listened in the past then feel free to pm me as I'd be interested to understand what's gone wrong there.

It's a fact that when the BMWCCGB is negotiating deals, the level of membership can have a real impact on the benefits that we can secure. Coupled with the affiliation to BMW UK this puts us in a strong position to negotiate for the benefit of members. Put bluntly, the more members we get the bigger benefit we can potentially generate.

Keep the dialogue going folks, as Mike intimated in his OP, we're keen to hear all opinions.
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Gazza wrote:The Club provides products, services and events which enhance the enjoyment, value and experience all BMW owners and enthusiasts get from their cars. As well as receiving a quality monthly Club magazine, Straight Six, members can enjoy a wide selection of Club benefits and activities including;
•Discounts on BMW servicing, parts and lifestyle accessories
•Savings on insurances and warrantees
•Discounted hotel stays
•UK and European tours
•Factory visits in the UK and Europe
•Track days
•Concours events
•Discounted trips to various car shows and motorsport events
•Club shop
The problem that the BMWCC will always have from now on (due to the power of the internet) is that it's only benefit is in the things that it controls or organises itself.

I doubt if I could get cheaper insurance through BMWCC than I could by an hour on the web. If I could save £45 on my insurance, I'd join.

I doubt if BMWCC couldn't get me a cheaper hotel than KGBdeals or similar. If I could save £45, I'd join.

BMW parts are 10% off just by asking for it, more if you haggle properly.

The magazine, BMWCC-organised trackdays, tours and the other stuff that they control are where they are worth the spend. Sometimes it's possible to get some of the perks without joining. I used their discount for Z-Fest. Some of the trackdays are available at BMWCC prices without the need to be a member.

A few suggestions for them...

Allow non-members to browse their discounts to see if it's worth joining.
Don't allow non-members to take advantage of members' benefits. <shoots self in foot>
Pingu
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

FYI...Although I wouldn't join for obvious geographic reasons, I have to agree with Pingu's comments regarding discounts from BMW. I get 10% on some parts, and 20% on most. Alternately, if the parts are available from Meyle, I source them there at around 40 - 50% of the BMW price - and for the exact same quality since Meyle supply BMW with those parts anyhow.
The prospect of cheaper accommodation is moot, since I can go online and get a Carribean cruise via Travel Alerts for a few hundred US$. etc etc....The claim that the numbers of members in the club determines the discounts can be seen in reverse...product or service providers should offer an attractive discount to encourage membership with clubs which in return would give them the benefit of numbers using those products or services...Mediocre is just that...not worth the expense or effort.
The sense of camaraderie is more apparent on this forum than many clubs I have come across. Possibly because it is as broad in it's range geographically and mostly because the scope of interest in a common purpose. The BMW club includes all BMW models, and whereas they are all great cars to some degree, I have noted with the local S.A. club, that certain "attitudes" prevail with some members feeling superior if they have the latest, more powerful, more original, better optioned versions etc etc. This "attitude" discourages some people, and creates cliques within the group and consequently fragmentation....On this forum, we generally seem to have a common purpose bound by the "roadster" marque...I love the guys with their Z1's and respect their passion as much as the guys with the Z4's and their relief from the constant maintenance of the older cars...The willingness to jump into the saddle and help out a fellow forum member with parts, repairs, advice, or just hearty encouragement is the "glue" which makes the forum so strong.
Perhaps in the final analysis, the BMW Club would be best advised to move into the 21st century and structure itself as an online forum and dispose of the magazine in it's paper format. It can still have a monthly magazine section posted online, the forum can be broken down into subsections such as exists here with Z1's, 3's, 4's etc...
Special offers etc etc can be posted in the magazine section for those looking for such etc etc... In summation, I can't see the point of any "paper" when online communication is instant.
A membership fee?? Well, I must say, I have long anticipated an account from Zroadster.net. To date, this hasn't happened.( :D ) however, if I was presented with a request, I wouldn't hesitate to comply since the benefits I have enjoyed here are worth more than a discount at an hotel etc.. My perceived value of the forum makes the prospect of a fee insignificant. Conversely, the perceived value of the BMW Club seems not to be as attractive...and the monthly magazine is of little interest in paper form other than to the guys who contribute to it from what I have read above.
I find the general chit chat, banter, cries of anguish etc on the forum to be a "magazine" in it's own right. It reflects the character of the members, the forum and the cars we drive. It's an "editorial" with contributions from the members in general vs an appointed spokesman, which in these days is more acceptable to societal norms.
I anticipate some will agree with my statements, others will not however, ultimately it's what works, and if the BMW Club is struggling, I would submit the answers lie in their lack of democratic contribution.
MHO. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

Mike Fishwick wrote:I'm sorry that Gookah finds my column to be 'patronising, self-opinionated and extremely annoying...... ' but after all, it's only my view on things, not holy writ!

Well said. Restraint and manners are rapidly disappearing from British life.
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I must be old fashioned but I still like to receive a mag through the letterbox, open it and sit down to read it rather than sitting on a computer and down loading all the time, do enough of that at work.

Its a shame people take the view why bother if you can get it cheaper elsewhere, I'm surprised BMWCC survives at all :?

Tim.
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

what good is the BMWCC, how about Zfest this year. A car club event that was opened up to non members. I think that was worth it this year. I have been a member for 6 years and the Scottish region keeps very active with monthly meets and social events, i am off to press my kilt for this Saturdays Christmas night out. Could we do this as non members.. probably.. would we do it non to likely. As Gazza says being a member is Belonging, Did I say what a nice chap he was when i met him at Gaydon and at zedfest. I would never have met him and a few other nice people if I was not a member , that is enough for me.

Join the club or don't join, but stop being moaning naysayers about the people who are in the club.

Mini rant over

Sandy
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

I joined at the beginning of this year having owned zippy for 11 years and it happened because of zedfest. Yes I know I could have got the discounts without joining, as many did, but it didn't feel right to me.

I prefer to get a hard copy mag as I spend all day on computers and whilst there are things I don't read in the mag there are things I do, it's also nice to admire the immaculate cars cared for by their owners. If I bought a woman's mag I can say goodbye to a fiver easily and its full of adverts.

One thing you could consider is a cheaper on-line version of the magazine with membership benefits to satisfy those that prefer e copy.

Why not put a full copy of the mag on line so people can make an informed decision and then ask for feed back on what else people would like to see in the mag.

Just a few thoughts, I may think of something else... :)

Snoops ont'apatalk
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

John1950 wrote:

Well said. Restraint and manners are rapidly disappearing from British life.

Perhaps you can point out my ill-manners in the replies, and also explain why lack of restraint is a problem when the original post said "don't hang back"? I'm sorry if I expressed my opinion, I did not realise that I was not entitled to air it.

So OK,
here is the answer the Club would probably like to hear, everything is tickety-boo, carry on as normal, and keep on wondering.
I will just choose to spend the value of my 3 subscriptions elsewhere.

Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

What an entertaining thread :twisted:

Ha!
Last edited by Badman gee on Wed 28 Nov, 2012 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

The 'BEAST' 666
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Mike, get yourself an m car, they are very interesting.

I can feel another stop bashing mike thread coming along :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

John1950 wrote:Restraint and manners are rapidly disappearing from British life.
Maybe its an under 30's thing? ;-)
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

g8jka wrote:
John1950 wrote:Restraint and manners are rapidly disappearing from British life.
:lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Guys,let's not confuse free speech,personal opinions and honest belief with a lack of manners.nobody like Personal attacks but as long people don't go over that line ,everybody should be able to say it as they see it.i think this thread has been very interesting and entertaining.i like to see passionate views even if I totally disagree with them.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

is the car club for me...well no...i find it a bit snobby TBH.....i cant get past that "well im a member" or "im this or that in the club"
don't get me wrong the club pulled off a spectacular event in Zedfest and hats of to them....but for me its more of not wanting to be part of a hierarchy (and paying to be part of it)...im not into clubs, tags, stickers or anything else the "groups" me.
if people want to belong to a group then thats up to them...and why not if thats what they want....but!..i will help out / invite anyone if there in the group or not.
i find the "your not in the club" and "club members only" a bit distasteful...it makes it an us and them situation.
no personal digs at anyone...its just how i feel about
the badness makes me do it...!

John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

g8jka wrote:
Ho, ho!
You remembered?
But, you've hit the nail on the head - I recall it well, the impetuosity of youth, the immortality, the smooth skin the smooth manner and the fortune spent on after shave.
Still, I like to keep on learning and Mike's articles help enormously (he's known as, 'the sage of Z3' in Daglan you know - true, honest) :D
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Well, am I a snob? The membership fee should be raised to keep the riff raff out :lol:

Tim.
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

I'm with Swamper & Gookah,shall we start our own club? Only kidding!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote:The membership fee should be raised to keep the riff raff out :lol:

Tim.

Brilliant idea.... I could choose to save even more that way.

Re: starting another club, sorry but old people are not allowed. mine's an 18-30s club..
:roflmao:

mfcmick

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by mfcmick »

John1950 wrote:
g8jka wrote:
Ho, ho!
You remembered?
But, you've hit the nail on the head - I recall it well, the impetuosity of youth, the immortality, the smooth skin the smooth manner and the fortune spent on after shave.
Still, I like to keep on learning and Mike's articles help enormously (he's known as, 'the sage of Z3' in Daglan you know - true, honest) :D
Starting to think John1950 must be related to Mike Fishwick as if anyone dares to disagree with the "Sage" he very quickly comes to his defence. :?
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Only Swamper & myself left in the club.Gookah has been kicked out for making a personal attack on another member regarding that members age.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

geminimustang wrote:Only Swamper & myself left in the club.Gookah has been kicked out for making a personal attack on another member regarding that members age.
So that means you are describing Swamper as the old 'un then.....
Anyway ...face not bovvered, grandad innit... :D

Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

gookah wrote:
Re: starting another club, sorry but old people are not allowed. mine's an 18-30s club..
18-30s? What you on about gookah.. Your well in your 50s you old fart... :nerd:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

The reason I have never joined the BMWCC is because I know nothing about it?.. Until now.. :wink:

There doesn't seem to be much info about it.. Does it have its own website?
The £45 a year seems steep to me for a club membership.. Regardless of benefits
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Z3cade wrote:
gookah wrote:
18-30s? What you on about gookah.. Your well in your 50s you old fart... :nerd:
Am I ? . .I forget things at my age..... :puzzle:

Anyway, its my club, I'm still only letting in 18-30's,
But I mustn't hijack the thread anymore, :nono