SOLD Z3 2.8 - it broke my heart!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

SOLD Z3 2.8 - it broke my heart!

Post by John1950 »

Well everyone

I managed to sell my Zed today. It's in great condition but I got only £3300 for it even with the lovely BMW 108 5 spoke alloys with it (see my sig picture below). Is it the weather?

Anyway, as I've still got the original BMW business head unit with cd player and the original wheels with barely legal tyres on I was wondering what sort of prices I could get for them? On E-Bay the head unit seems to got for about £130 ish so if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer I'm open to suggestions. The same goes for the wheels though they are in a poor state and need a complete refurb..

Meanwhile, Janet and I have been breaking our backs getting the house and garden ready for sale. Then we've got to find somewhere to live in Amsterdam.
By the way, since my Zed has gone, we're looking for a Mazda Bongo camper van (or similar) with side unit of hob and sink etc. - preferably LHD - has anyone got a good example for sale?

Once in Amsterdam, do you think anyone will offer a lithe young looking 62 year old a job of some description? I need some money for a Zed again!

Still hanging on here by the skin of my teeth - just to keep Badman gee on his toes!
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

M roadster S50

Re: SOLD Z3 2.8 - it broke my heart!

Post by Boysie »

With the CD player unit, is it just a change over tape player out cd head unit in ?
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Will send you a box of tissues John (to cry into)

:lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Hope you won't be selling your wears for money John!

The 'BEAST' 666
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

What wears, underwears?
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Have you considered s VW T4 John or are they a bit too steep. My nephew runs his own business converting these and doing bespoke interiors, he does some pretty damn good conversions which make me want one at times.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Rafolian wrote:What wears, underwears?
His arse!

The 'BEAST' 666
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Glad you got a sale John, I looked at eBay and noticed you had to relist but wasn't sure if sold 2nd time around ?

You're starting another chapter in your life without a little zed initially but I'm pretty sure you'll be an owner again. Anyway correct me if I'm wrong but the forum is for zed enthusiasts who may or may not be owners, we want an update on your new chapter once you settle in so don't be a stranger. :D

PM Me if you have any tips on how to keep Mr Gee in check in the meantime :D
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

You won't tame the bad boy Doris !

The 'BEAST' 666
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

Boysie wrote:With the CD player unit, is it just a change over tape player out cd head unit in ?
Hi Boysie

I gather that originally my car had a CD changer in the boot, but it had been removed by the time I bought the car. I have for sale the head unit which is a radio and single CD player. I have the instruction booklet but it doesn't mention a model number which would have been useful. Instead, on the head unit itself it has a label with the following:

BMW Business CD
6512 - 6 909 884
BP0273 4 014783

FD Index 45

Is this of any use?

I also have a Pioneer KEH-P4800R Head unit and associated 6 CD unit. This was taken out of another of my cars some time ago. If you Google the model number you'll find plenty of pictures of both the head unit and CD changer. Unfortunately I don't have the instruction booklet, but it's pretty straightforward to operate. I'm sure a quick search of the internet will come up trumps.

If any of you are interested, please let me know.

Cheers
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

Badman gee wrote:Hope you won't be selling your wears for money John!

"Wears?"
What sort of wears are you referring to, outer garments or perhaps my more intimate innner sanctum wear?
Still, if you wish to acquire any of that which has touched my honed and contoured frame please let me know (I imagine a PM might be appropriate under the circumstances - we don't want the rest of the membership informed of your particular predilections do we?) :wink:
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Don't leave the forum John (now your hairdressers car has sold)

Your entertainment value is second to none.

The 'BEAST' 666
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

snoops wrote:Glad you got a sale John, I looked at eBay and noticed you had to relist but wasn't sure if sold 2nd time around ?

You're starting another chapter in your life without a little zed initially but I'm pretty sure you'll be an owner again. Anyway correct me if I'm wrong but the forum is for zed enthusiasts who may or may not be owners, we want an update on your new chapter once you settle in so don't be a stranger. :D

PM Me if you have any tips on how to keep Mr Gee in check in the meantime :D
Hi Snoops

I begin to feel E-Bay isn't up to much - a lot of strange people out there.
Initially, when I had the the Zed up for auction I had nearly 700 'views' and something like 45 'watching' - but not one of them made a bid! What the hell were they watching for?
Equally odd though was when I re-listed it as a 'Buy it now' - so at a fixed price. Again I got a number of people 'watching'. What for I asked myself, it's a fixed price (or open to offers) so watching achieves nothing.
Still after the ad. finished a couple of people called. One visited, hummed and harred about wanting to also see a Jaguar XK8 - I never saw him again. The second chap lives miles away from me, in Kent and we chatted on the phone. He decided to buy without seeing (he felt I sounded honest) and transferred the cash straight into my account. Now I'm waiting for him to arrive next Sunday.

By the way, I mentioned ZRoadster to him and will show him it when he turns up. I'll strongly recommend that he joins up and introduces himself as the one who bought my car.
I think Badman gee will find him a different kettle of fish to me!!! :lol:

Oh, and regarding that whippersnapper Badman - just keep an eye on his English - you know, the basics, like spelling and perhaps some of the more advanced esoteric corners of the language such as grammar, style and punctuation - though as you say, I'll still 'lurk' here, ever hopeful that I get a new Zed in the future.

Cheers
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

aceman wrote:Have you considered s VW T4 John or are they a bit too steep. My nephew runs his own business converting these and doing bespoke interiors, he does some pretty damn good conversions which make me want one at times.

I wouldn't mind one of those at all - but we have only about £5000 or so to spend - we'll be utterly skint with this move abroad.
If your nephew has something he wants to sell on or a demo model we can use to get business his way, then I'm your man (so to speak).
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

There's nowt as queer as folk John but good result getting the sale. To be honest the overriding impression I got from your advert (after you tweaked it :wink: ) was how genuine it sounded and looked.

I will take on board your advice about the Badman but I fear he is a lost cause :?
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

:cry: :twisted:

The 'BEAST' 666
EnthuZiaZT

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by EnthuZiaZT »

At least if the new owner joins us, John, you can keep up with his progress and bestow upon him your words of wisdom.

Will look forward to hearing about your adventures selling the House and setting up home across the water!

Mike & Sandy
Mike & Sandy - Mora Metallic Individual 2.0L

IMG_1038.jpg~originalImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

John1950 wrote:Initially, when I had the the Zed up for auction I had nearly 700 'views' and something like 45 'watching' - but not one of them made a bid! What the hell were they watching for?
Probably 44 off here, wanting to see how much it goes for, and one wondering how much he might get if he wanted to sell his..?

:D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

gookah wrote:
John1950 wrote:[
Initially, when I had the the Zed up for auction I had nearly 700 'views' and something like 45 'watching' - but not one of them made a bid! What the hell were they watching for?
Probably 44 off here, wanting to see how much it goes for, and one wondering how much he might get if he wanted to sell his..?

:D

Ah - of course.
But I think we're all very disappointed at the prices they're going for now. It means I've lost well over a £1000 in two years!
Luckily I hadn't added or modified the car with expensive nick-nacks - you never get the cost back.
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

Well, The chap who bought my car turned up today so I showed him the ZRoadster forum. I imagine he will join and call himself Paul1956 so keep an eye out for him.

He was with me for a couple of hours so I think he was very pleased with the Zed. I gave him quite a bootfull of odds and ends to get started with so he's had a far better deal than I had when I initially got the car.

He'd transferred the cash to my account last week without even seeing the car, got a train here, I met him, drove him back to my place. He set off eventually without as much as a test drive!

The garage now looks forlorn and empty. I'll miss my Zed.
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

John1950 wrote:............Oh, and regarding that whippersnapper Badman - just keep an eye on his English - you know, the basics, like spelling and perhaps some of the more advanced esoteric corners of the language such as grammar, style and punctuation ...........
I'm sure he will polish those items up eventually - especially if he gets a rotary :twisted:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Jonco wrote:
John1950 wrote:............Oh, and regarding that whippersnapper Badman - just keep an eye on his English - you know, the basics, like spelling and perhaps some of the more advanced esoteric corners of the language such as grammar, style and punctuation ...........
I'm sure he will polish those items up eventually - especially if he gets a rotary :twisted:
Won't be long now!

The 'BEAST' 666