Oil Light When Warm / Tick Over & ASC light

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Oil Light When Warm / Tick Over & ASC light

Post by bertiejaffa »

Hi

Im a newbie on here, its a great site - given me a few ideas about what to do next to my Z3....

I bought my Z3 12 months ago and love it... it has already had a lot of work done on it regarding customisations etc (lowered, almost fully detangoed, wide BBS split rim alloys, m sport steering wheel, chrome centre console etc..) I am hoping someone can give me a few pointers on where to get some other things and a couple of niggling little things on it....

> The tick over is really low (around 600 rpm) and it takes a fair amount of throttle to get the biting point - can anyone explain how to raise this a little, or tighten up the responsiveness of the throttle?

> Linked to the above slightly, when it is hot, or stuck in traffic the oil light will flicker on when I am stationary (occasionally cutting out) I figure if the tick over was slightly higher this wouldn't be an issue? (theres plenty of oil in it)

> Occasionally (once every 4-6 weeks maybe) the 2 amber warning lights will come on for the ASC - I was informed of this when I bought it, apparently it is to do with some loose pins in a connection block? Not sure where this is but wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue - it goes away after a while but is just a little annoying.

> Finally, I am looking to have chrome side grills and angels eyes installed, anyone know the best place to get them or have some spare :lol: I saw the headlight units on ebay for £230 but can only see them from USA and the packing and custom fees are almost double!!

The Z3 is 1999, 1991CC petrol model

Thanks All, hope to catch up soon, Lee
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Oil Light When Warm / Tick Over & ASC light

Post by BladeRunner919 »

You'd probably be better off posting this in the Z3 part of the forum:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

and include some detail about the car (year, engine, etc) so that people can give you a steer on the problems you have.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

cheers - will do
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Think I have found a couple of posts re the ASC connectors.... Can someone advise if they are on all 4 wheels or just the front ones? Thanks Lee
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

My understanding is that there are "speed sensors" on all 4 wheels.
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Del wrote:My understanding is that there are "speed sensors" on all 4 wheels.
Yep - that's correct. Have a look at http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 18&t=35789 - wheel speeds are covered about halfway down.
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by colb »

To adjust the idle look at the engine cover you will see there is a small cover held on by two screws, remove this cover and you will see the throttle cable beneath it. Use the cable adjuster and unscrew it outwards to adjust the cable setting, do this with the engine running and up to temp. Doing this you should get it to rise to about 850 revs at idle, check it by looking at the rev counter on the dash.

Colb
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

colb wrote:To adjust the idle look at the engine cover you will see there is a small cover held on by two screws, remove this cover and you will see the throttle cable beneath it. Use the cable adjuster and unscrew it outwards to adjust the cable setting, do this with the engine running and up to temp. Doing this you should get it to rise to about 850 revs at idle, check it by looking at the rev counter on the dash.

Colb
Cool that's great, will give it a go
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Jonco wrote:
Del wrote:My understanding is that there are "speed sensors" on all 4 wheels.
Yep - that's correct. Have a look at http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 18&t=35789 - wheel speeds are covered about halfway down.

Thanks both - this site is superb! :D
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal