Front struts and mounts

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
GE45TON

Z3 roadster 1.9

Front struts and mounts

Post by GE45TON »

I'm in the process of getting together the parts needed for replacing my front struts, I recently replaced the rear shocks and mounts with Sachs super touring and Meyle parts so I'll put Sachs on the front as well.
Is it worth replacing the front mounts or are they more reliable than the rears, I've not seen many people on the web with problems so as long as they look ok should I re-use them?

cheers
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Front struts and mounts

Post by Daz3 »

If your going to the trouble of doing the struts you may as well do the mounts for how much they are. :wink:
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

I am in the process of replacing my front shocks and springs. I have ordered new top mounts as the old ones felt ok but slightly loose in the bearings so for the price of it's worth it. the chances are if they are slightly worn, the stiffness of the new shocks / springs will wear them out in no time.
GE45TON

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GE45TON »

thanks gents that's what I thought, there's quite a few on ebay around £30 each not sure how much the BMW one's are? Can't seem to find a UK supplier of Meyle front mounts either, any recommendation?

cheers
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Contact Meyle direct...ask for a supplier / stockist local to you... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

If you want to stick with the OE equivalent, I think Lemforder are the OE supplier for front top mounts. :)
GE45TON

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GE45TON »

I found a Meyle stockist for the front mounts (buycarspares.co.uk), not used them before but I'm sure they're a good supplier. I'll try the Meyle front mounts as the rear mounts seem to be alright, I would think that they will all be quite similar unless you go for the really cheap ones, well I hope so anyway...