Hard Tops

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Hard Tops

Post by larrygroke »

Hi all,

Im new to the Z3 scene and would love to get a hard top for the colder months.
but i do not know if i can get one for my Zed i have a 2.8 wide body i believe its the Facelift?

:dunce:

thanks for the help in advance :D
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Re: Hard Tops

Post by Deano1712 »

Hard tops are all the same for every z3 model, wide or narrow body doesnt make a difference.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by larrygroke »

Awsome thank you any recommendations on getting a hard top and where can i get a fitting kit? i take it the dealers will cost the earth for them?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The best place to get a fitting kit is from the person selling you the hardtop, but they often seem reluctant part with them for some reason best known to themselves. It is not a destructive process to remove the kit from the car - it's two bolts and a nut each side - even the wiring for the heated rear windscreen is entirely reversible.

If you find yourself looking for a fitting kit, then do get a price from your local dealer - they seem to periodically become available, then disappear again - if nothing else it will give you a price to beat. Kits on ebay have gone for considerably more than the dealer price.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by larrygroke »

just seen prices for them on ebay....looks like the Silver Bullet wont have a hard top this year :oops: