Whel refurb - how much?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Whel refurb - how much?

Post by Alan W »

I bought the below wheels complete with really crap tyres with a view to putting them on the car whilst I get my original type 64 wheels refurbished.

To be honest there is very little to be refurbished on the original wheels, its just me being fussy.

But now I have got these second set I quite fancy getting these refurbed instead and having them painted gloss black?

With the car being cosmos black I think it will look quite striking to have black wheels.

I've never had wheels refurbed before and although there is no real corrosion on these there is a little bit of knurling on the rims where someone has been clearly 'parking by touch'.

What's the normal average price I could expect to pay per rim for a refurb?

Also, would it be better to have cosmos black metallic with lacquer or just a flat black gloss paint?

Seem to remember reading somewhere that your shouldn't have alloys lacquered?

1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Whel refurb - how much?

Post by David »

I've been looking into getting my wheels fully refurbished (chemically stripped and powder coated), and so far it looks like the going rate is anywhere between £50-£100 per alloy. Most wheel refurb companies have websites with quote generators depending on your wheel size, so I suggest checking out the websites of places local to you.

Hope this helps,
David
Southernboy wrote:Nipple Cream
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

This thread will give you more info..

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=38873
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

If you use the car all year round consider putting winter tyres on the wheels, then it's easy for you to change them instead of having to go to a tyre fitter.

Just a thought