Estoril Blue Paint

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Estoril Blue Paint

Post by johnz3 »

Hi, I have tried Halfords with no luck and BMW want to sell me a small can with a can of lacquer that I don't want (already got a can) for nearly £30.

Tried google but again no joy,

Anyone know where you can get paint from.

Thanks

John
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Re: Estoril Blue Paint

Post by colb »

Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

There are about 15 shades of Estoril so you'll need to get the car colour checked at a paint supplier.

There is one in Mawney Road Romford called Car Colour Services, they can supply paint mixed to your specific colour and even supply it in aerosol.

You will need base coat and clear.

http://www.carcolourservices.co.uk/
92-94 Mawney Rd, Romford, Essex County RM7 7JB
01708 746468
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Thanks Gazza and you are spot on re there being a number of different Estoril Blues.

I thought that it was 335. Googled it and that is what it said. I have just rang two BMW dealership for a check on the code (they need your car reg) and both have said 490 which was a BMW individual paint. When I asked what was it with different number of paints both did not know.

Anyone throw any light on paint code 490?

Thanks
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Just answered my own question.

Need to copy and paste.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/ar ... 79354.html
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Remove your fuel filler cover and take that to the paint supplier, they can colour match to that.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Will do. Good idea.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Estoril Blue Paint & Leather

Post by bertiejaffa »

Related to this, especially to those who have restored the blue/black M seats, has anyone ever noticed that the seats (and car) appear to be a lighter (and nicer) blue than the dash? or is it just me and my odd motor.

I recently ordered some of the scuff master estoril blue BMW colour (same as on Gookahs journal thread - http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36439) and when it arrived in the post I thought it was a bit dark. Having looked closer I noticed that my seats and the leather at the back of the centre console seem to be a lighter blue than the plastic on the coloured dash, and the plastic on the centre console where the dials are.

Then I recently bought one of Barry's new armrests (very good item btw - thanks) but as they don't make leather in estoril blue anymore mine came in cream ready to be re-dyed. After 6-7 coats its now dyed happily but seems to be much darker than the seats. does anyone know if the seats fade over time, or are mine just a different colour? Eventually I am intending on refurbishing the interior completely and restoring the seats, dash etc back to its former glory and I'm not sure what colour to use. Do I redo the seats in the darker colour or restore the seats in their current shade (if it is different) and change the dash and armrest to match?

Pictures arent great as they are from my mobile during a typically wet Mancunian day:

Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

seats seem to have more yellow mixed in.... armrest has more red mixed in... they are quite different.... The seats are more like a denim blue, which I reckon is more attractive... perhaps you need to visit someone that can mix up a colour for you which will e closer to your seat colour... :?:
Although the armrest and the plastic on the dash are a fair match..
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

are yours Laguna Seca leather?
On the back of my door cards and console, the BMW part number ended ES and this signified Estoril when looking it up on real OEM..
I never did find a code on the seats though, but the seat colour was only slightly lighter, unlike yours which are a good few shades lighter.....
The dash was only available in Estoril in terms of the blue variant, but the seats could be Estoril or Laguna Seca (code Q6LS)

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

gookah wrote:are yours Laguna Seca leather?
On the back of my door cards and console, the BMW part number ended ES and this signified Estoril when looking it up on real OEM..
I never did find a code on the seats though, but the seat colour was only slightly lighter, unlike yours which are a good few shades lighter.....
The dash was only available in Estoril in terms of the blue variant, but the seats could be Estoril or Laguna Seca (code Q6LS)

Cheers, I am not sure, I havent removed the door cards yet - they are definitely darker in colour like the dash as well but the doors themselves have been radically changed to have a full speaker bar at the bottom so its unknown if they are the originals. I do actually like the lighter colour of the seats myself so I think when the time comes I might have to check through the various colours and redye the armrest, door cards, dash and centre console to match the seats - just another job to add to the list. On the plus side, it might give me an excuse to change the dash out though and put matching blue extended leather around the 2 side units and re-use the black dash from my 2.0l which will mean I'll probably have an M dash for sale

I have just looked at the interior choices page and you are right - the seats are definitely more like Laguna Seca - guess thats the colour I need http://users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3_galler ... blue_M.jpg
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Has anyone ever found any of this leather dye before? Liquid leather/scuffmaster and furniture clinic dont seem to have it
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal