Crash damage repaired

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Crash damage repaired

Post by Alan W »

For those who don't belong to the big Z3 owners facebook group you probably don't know that Gloria was damaged when I left her in a multi-storey car park n Brighton a few weeks ago, the driver done a runner but fortunately someone saw it and took down the index and they were spoken to and put their hands up. The front N/S bonnet and bumper was damaged thus:

Got the car back yesterday, there were some issues that I wasn't happy about which I can't be bothered to repeat as I have told so many people, but despite vowing never to use that bodyshop again to be fair the repair and painting of the whole bonnet and the front bumper is pretty damn good..

Relieved to get the car back and I just wish this poxy weather would go away so I can get out and about...
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Crash damage repaired

Post by bertiejaffa »

looks good, and nice to know someone shopped the culprits. My M has a dint in the door that wasn't there before - I'd like to know who did it. I reckon they might think twice in future with the dint in their head !!!
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Glad you got it sorted, always amazes me how some people will damage your vehicle and just drive off :head: I try and park as far away from other cars as possible in shopping centres and parking garages, guaranteed when I return to my car there is always someone parked right next to me, even though there are dozens of empty bays :head:
ImageImage
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Captain wrote: I try and park as far away from other cars as possible in shopping centres and parking garages, guaranteed when I return to my car there is always someone parked right next to me, even though there are dozens of empty bays :head:
Agreed, I parked our daily drive on its own away from anybody at a NT car park on Sat. When we returned somebody had parked so close we could not even open the doors properly. What made it worse was the car park was half empty.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

This topic drives me insane! I never park anywhere near doorways to shops or child bays etc In the Zed or my daily driver. Jue runs around in an old freelander that we don't worry about and we park it wherever. It has dings and scratches just about down every panel. People do not give a t*** and it infuriates me beyond belief. I'm with Bertie on this one, I'm far from being a violent man but I may struggle if I saw someone open there door onto my car! :head: :head:

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Completely with you guys. There seems to be worrying amount of people out there who have no feeling what so ever for their 'white goods' enviro/eco friendly box (which serves its purpose and that's it) and also the low life that just doesn't give a toss (about anything!). I could easily go on but you get my drift :head: . Just seems ashame that those who genuinely enjoy their well earned cars, no matter how much they cost, cherish and have pride in them, then have to share the same tarmac with these bloody morons! I too will always park a lot further away to avoid even seeing Mr/Mrs Moron let alone giving them the chance to damage my car (and look on the bright side, a little extra walk is good exercise for you).......however, when I return.........you've guessed it :head: :head: .......the Morons have visited!

Anyway, glad you have your car back Alan and here's to some good top down sunshine as compensation for you.
Cheers Pete :sunny
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Completely agree with Dave, Dave and Pete. Just look at another car inside and out and you will instantly see wether the owner will give s..t about your car or not. I went into Lincoln 2 weekends ago to get measured for a suit for our sons wedding. I parked on top of the old co-op and when I got back I had one hell of a struggle to get in my car. But the driver of the car next to me had acres of room to get out. SELFISH B.......D :head:
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Calm down Tony!!! Although I have to agree, I remember Many years ago being parked in halfrauds at Mansfield and some woman with a stash full of kids opened her door on Jue's car. She didn't bat an eyelid till she saw me getting out the car. Obviously didn't know I was there and had no intention of doing anything about it. It left a fair sized ding in the door. After extracting £30 for a dent repair I was on my way! :head: :head: :head:

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

After buying a new daily runaround, I said to my wife that she has got to stop trying to park next to shop entrance,

so she sent me this photo:

:D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Brilliant! :lol:

freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

It won't be long before someone parks so close to her that she has to get in via the passenger door.
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

gookah wrote:After buying a new daily runaround, I said to my wife that she has got to stop trying to park next to shop entrance,

so she sent me this photo:

:D

I don't get it!

Surely you didn't buy a FIAT!

:wink:
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

spurs fan in a coupe wrote:

I don't get it!

Surely you didn't buy a FIAT!

:wink:
I know,....... Fix It Again Tomorrow

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..