caliper seals and pistons

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
madleemark

Z3 roadster 2.8

caliper seals and pistons

Post by madleemark »

Hi all, bought a piston and seal kit for the front brake calipers from bigg red, fitted them today, quite a straight forward job, the new parts fitted fine, the old pistons were past there best, and my brakes are much better. got them thro ebay, arrived two days after purchase, the parts all look very good and i did not think they were to expensive.
lee
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: caliper seals and pistons

Post by t-tony »

Hi Lee, what model Z do you have, how much were the kits and who was the seller please?

Thanks, Tony. :)
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Tony
Here's the Big Red link - I've used them for a front axle calliper repair kit (just the rubber bits) on another car - seemed fine. The cost for the Z3 is around £25 (repair kit) with the new front axle pistons totalling around £37. I just bought a remanufactured BMW/ATE single front calliper (for my Z3) from GSF for a similar price (after trade in). Appreciate you are in the trade so you will have wider knowledge than me on general market prices.

http://www.biggred.co.uk/index.php

Del
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Cheers for that Del. I'm thinking of refurbing my front callipers over this winter. This is good info.
All the best, Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
madleemark

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by madleemark »

the kit cost me £47, all the rubber bits and nice new pistons,from bigred as in del post,well worth doing, my car drives so much better now