Which automatic transmission fluid

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Jones67

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Which automatic transmission fluid

Post by Jones67 »

Hi all I have had a search through but i couldn't find what I was looking for :head: I want to change the transmission fluid an my 3.0 auto can someone recommend what fluid to use and how much I will need, I have contacted euro car parts but they told me don't stock it? also the car is triptronic is there any difference in the fluid that should be used.

Thanks in advance
Phil

M roadster S54

Re: Which automatic transmission fluid

Post by Phil »

Copied and pasted this if it helps.

Important!
Please observe repair instruction.
Check gearbox oil grade
02 Fluid filter kit, autom. transmission VALUE LINE 1 24152333824

Only valid inside the US market
03 ATF Dexron VI 1L ? 83222163514

Important!
Oil adjustment as per repair
instructions required.
Required oil quantity may vary!
Only valid outside the US market
03 Automatic transmission oil Dexron VI 1L ? 83222167718

Important!
Oil adjustment as per repair
instructions required.
Required oil quantity may vary!

Ads by RealOEM
Eres un experto usando catálogos de partes para BMW? Queremos ofrecerle una carrera con prospección como representante de servicio al cliente trabajando desde casa. Si usted esta interesado, pulsar acá y envié su currículo

Notes
•Items pictured but not listed are not installed on your vehicle.
•Items pictured without a number are listed on another diagram.

Sponsored links

Copyright © RealOEM.com

Sponsored links
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Get under your car, there will be a coloured sticker on the gearbox which will tell you which oil you need to use. It won't tell you the quantity but if you pm me your car reg no. I will find out for you on Monday. I changed my gearbox oil and filter last year in a car which is supposedly filled for life (according to the owners handbook), the difference was incredible. Cheers, Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Jones67

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Jones67 »

Ok so I know that my transmission has a green sticker on it and that the BMW part number is 83229415975 and thanks to t-tony i now know that it takes 3 litres to fill the transmission. I am still unsure what fluid to use and even the BMW dealer wasn't much help. They told me that the part number for the oil had been superseded but wouldn't give me any information on the required fluid, the also quoted £47.75 +VAT for 5 litres. :shock:

I have ben in contact with Opie oils but I need to find out which transmission I have GM or ZF. I have tried the original build data in the knowledge forum but it just says that my car is an automatic :head:

How do I find out what transmission is fitted to my car?
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

If you look under bonnet on rightside of engine compartment you should be able to see a label on the gearbox housing - like this