Newbie: Norfolk (& good - geddit?)

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Zola3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Newbie: Norfolk (& good - geddit?)

Post by Zola3 »

Well hello ... had 2.2 MSport for 2 months now & have been browsing here for a while at you lovely, helpful people - seems a good vibe.

She's a sienna red (I've named her Zola after our late cat who got run over :bawl: ). Three previous lady owners (oops have I bought a girls' car!)
Pretty sure the paintwork has been 'refreshed' - seen two tiny over-runs in two crevices :? ) but looks sharp with Lotus white leather (restored brilliantly by the dealer before sale) and 79k on clock.

Have removed alloys and thoroughly cleaned but can anyone recommend something better than 'wonderwheels'? and a wax protector?
Have Renovo'ed the top (don't rate the cleaner or the so-called protector much, though the black paint or whatever was OK). Anything for regular use any better?
Couple of issues (that seem to reoccur):-
Airbag light has started to come on when her ladyship plants her sweet botty on the passenger seat - but only then! (Is the car getting overexcited at the view! :lol:
Alarm started going off randomly - but I white greased the bonnet switch and last two days it's been ok.
I think I have a slow coolant leak - now this worries me as my old E30 318is (M42) had to have new gasket in coolant system - I guess I'll have to get someone to look at it. In 400 miles the fishing float which was above filler neck is now well below. Where should the temp gauge sit typically - when up to temp - just below half way like my E36 318is?
Also, after Renovoing the top there are two tiny white friction marks on the rear flanks of the roof where the top has folded in. Is there something soft that should stop this or can roof be adjusted.

Questions, questions.......!

Anyway, one thing, these cars are addictive. It's like having a new sexy girlfriend that you just can't wait to get in ........!

Just the right blend of modernity and yet classic old sports car feel - I don't know if BMW will be able to replicate this again.
I say Soanes - park the Z3 would you? There's a good chap.
akirk

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Newbie: Norfolk (& good - geddit?)

Post by akirk »

Welcome - sounds a lovely car...
we all love photos here :) (big hint!)
- you will need to upload them elsewhere and then link them though...

Alasdair
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Hi Zola and Welcome.

Good to see you looking after the Z,
Would limit the use of Wonderwheel "its acid based!"
Now the wheels have had a good detail regular washing and a good wheel sealant(used regularly) it doesn't last forever should keep them good
Have tried Planet Wheel with good results but prefer Poorboys wheel sealant easy to apply and the pot lasts.
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

I have just got a z3 2.2 it was a cat 3 she was hit on the front o/s bent bonnet ,radiator scrap, with small crack in the bumper, I've given her s good check over so far so good, I managed to get a good 2nd hand radiator from fleebay, fitted it on Sunday ,bless her she started on the first turn of the key,so now all I need is n/s head light and bonnet then she will be ready for summer, I will be a really difficult decision do I use my z3 or my Robin Hood 2B :? Peter2b
Zola3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zola3 »

peter2b wrote:I have just got a z3 2.2 it was a cat 3 she was hit on the front o/s bent bonnet ,radiator scrap, with small crack in the bumper, I've given her s good check over so far so good, I managed to get a good 2nd hand radiator from fleebay, fitted it on Sunday ,bless her she started on the first turn of the key,so now all I need is n/s head light and bonnet then she will be ready for summer, I will be a really difficult decision do I use my z3 or my Robin Hood 2B :? Peter2b
Good luck with the project Peter - would love to see some progress pictures - the headlights are a stonking price though-but dunno whether you'll be able to source second hand!
Zola3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zola3 »

Thanks Bowler & Alasdair for your welcome - will track down 'Poorboys'(??) - is it just a sealer or cleaner too. Will post pic(s) as soon as.
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Zola3 wrote:Thanks Bowler & Alasdair for your welcome - will track down 'Poorboys'(??) - is it just a sealer or cleaner too. Will post pic(s) as soon as.
Its purely a sealant, Wash and polish wheels first then apply, let harden before buffing. (Available off internet also some branches of Wilco Motosave were starting to stock the Poorboys range if theres one near you)
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)