All SORN'ed and serviced! 45k 2.2 Sport

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
fish

Z3 roadster 2.2i

All SORN'ed and serviced! 45k 2.2 Sport

Post by fish »

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=41419

Just bumping this post up - car is garaged for winter now……on SORN, will be off road to Sept 2016 when next 2 year oil change due…..

Staring down the barrel of redudancy now….so my loss is some else's gain….
beerbelly

blank

Re: All SORN'ed and serviced! 45k 2.2 Sport

Post by beerbelly »

a price may help :?
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

How much is it?
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I remember £7300 mentioned in an earlier post.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
beerbelly

blank

Post by beerbelly »

gookah wrote:I remember £7300 mentioned in an earlier post.
and that will ne why he still has it . theres a few really low mileage zeds up for sale at the min and there all crazy money . sure if you sit and work out what it cost new what its done its mint condition its an iconic car blah blah the seller justifies his asking price. but to anyone looking to buy a car there all massively over valued
z3nomness

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by z3nomness »

£7300 :shock: :shock:

Reminds me of when I was looking into buying a 110 defender for work (outdoor setting so needed something that could carry 7 people and be power hosed out)
the money people were expecting to get for 15 year old defenders is eye watering.

Good luck with Sale, but its about what its worth to the buyer not what its worth to you.

My old Jeep is priceless, to me :)
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

£7300, that's more than half decent Z3m money!
fish

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by fish »

Gosh ladies, some hand bag swinging going on or what.....have you nothing better to do?

For the basis of pricing, I used the parkers guide, plus 20% of the vehicles extras/accesscories and hard top at cost.....then £400 for the BMW service & MOT for brake fluid/coolant and Oil....these benefit the future owner not me as it were...

So, if you take the £7050 it was up for, less £400 = 6650, less hard top, so thats £6050 - of which, included the tonneanu cover, windbreak, z3 luggage, hard top stand, hard top cover, fitting kit, tools and indoor cover etc.....so call that say £5600 for the 45k car...which wants for nothing.....all done, with brand new premium tyres and no tramlining etc.....thats already fitted to the car, so NO labour mark up to you.....I looked at dozens of Zeds before purchase. A good percentage or owners had never changed the oil, as they confused the variable service indicator versus the fixed changes such as oil/brakes/coolant.....my Z3 has bang on history and has had all of its services on time. To me, that was worth a lot as I put the car under BMWs approved warranty scheme which they opened up to cars, regardless of age and >100,000 miles, so long as car has had genuine parts.

So 5600, less 1800 parts (exc labour) = a 3800 car....but if you got a 3800 car, it would cost you say 3800 + 1800 + (500-800 labour) to get it to the standard of mine.....so would be 6400 + hard top & extras etc.......so well past 7k....even then a lot of garages will do the miniumum obligation to swap something out....whereas I ensured that everything is and was bang on etc. Not saying a good garage would leave it dangerous, but commerically its in there interest to have you back every year to refit and retrack your car up, for a job that would have been cheaper to do all at once if you follow...anyway, am sure most guys on this forum can do there own work, but dealers just want to suck your cash off you, year on year….

Anyway, for my price I used parkers + parkers mileage adjustment + 20% of value of extras + Hardtop @ £600 etc….

Anyway, off for lunch with my hot wife today, so whilst you lot bicker over the maths, I''ll be getting some of Englands finest later - :) not talking about sausage and mash either for all the foodies out there....
Last edited by fish on Wed 12 Nov, 2014 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
z3nomness

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by z3nomness »

Anyway, off for lunch with my hot wife today, so whilst you lot bicker over the maths, I''ll be getting some of Englands finest later - :) not talking about sausage and mash either for all the foodies out there....
Oh, you stud 'Swoon'

Fish; Men want to be with him, women want to be him!"

Think I have that right? :?
fish

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by fish »

z3nomness wrote:
Oh, you stud 'Swoon'

Fish; Men want to be with him, women want to be him!"

Think I have that right? :?
Its near enough dude ! Again, just tyring to offer an alternate view as ever.... :arrow: