Cockpit lighting when the door opens

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Cockpit lighting when the door opens

Post by johnz3 »

I borrowed a Merc the other day and on opening the door the Merc name on the kick plate lit up. Looked really good.

I have the LED footwell lights and the LED interior light and wondered what other forms of cockpit light people might have installed.
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Cockpit lighting when the door opens

Post by johnz3 »

BUMP and as as an example I was thinking behind the front seats shining upwards as the door opens.
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

give it a try and post pics :)
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

I suppose there's no end to the places to put these lights, I even considered using the bonnet switch and having under bonnet lighting, then though - well how often have I actually broken down in the dark with the z - errr never. I also considered fitting amber lights into the side grills and doing away with the side repeaters, never gotten around to this yet as I would need something to cover the holes where the repeaters were.
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

I have some 30cm adhesive strip red led's which I bought in a Walmart store in Florida. When I tested a Volvo the other day I noticed that the rear side lights came on when I opened the tailgate. Thinking that is a good idea when opening your boot on a dark street, I thought I could fit these to the outer edge of the boot lid so they're out of sight when the boot lid is closed. Then wire them into the boot light circuit and then when you open the boot you have a vertical strip of very bright red led's on each side of the boot. 8-)

Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

there is a how too somewhere on here for the boot mod, got it in mine, works great. suppose it could easily be modified for this.