BMW ETK

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

BMW ETK

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I am trying to find a way to load the BMW Sys Admin / ETK and TIS into the Windows 7 Home Premium version. Windows 7 Professional will do this I believe, but a plug-in is required for my version - which is no longer provided by Microsoft, a sit is an adjunct to the now-unsupported Windows XP. I cannot do this by using the Win XP emulation option.

I use ETK and TIS via my old Win XP laptop, but this will not go on for ever. A copy of the plug-in would seem the only way ahead, but does anyone have a workable idea?
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: BMW ETK

Post by deni2s »

What plugin is required? I am pretty sure, you can download it somewhere else...
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I've not been able to load mine on Windows 8, so I still run everything on an old WinXP system (with a serial port) that has nothing on it, bar car stuff (TIS, INPA, etc.) and isn't connect to the web.

I use RealOEM when I'm using a web computer.

Doesn't answer your question, but it's the workaround that I use.
Pingu
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I can't answer the specific question, but a work-around would be to load Oracle Virtual Box https://www.virtualbox.org/ and load Windows XP in a virtual machine, assuming you have the XP media and license key to load it from.
sirius-c

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sirius-c »

what is "BMW Sys Admin"?

I have a couple of DVD's which have the likes of INPA, TIS, ETK etc on them (purchased from bcables.com)
Ive noticed a few drivers and things on one of the fully automated install DVD's, If you can Identify what "plugin" you need, you just never know, I might be able to extract it?

anyhow I have all this installed on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter edition.....
ETK and TIS run in a Win XP Virtual Machine on Windows 7 Starter no problem.

Designed or not designed, that is the question.