Rear speaker removal passenger side

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Rear speaker removal passenger side

Post by johnz3 »

I seem to recall seeing that to access the above the roll hoop needs to be removed. Anyone done this and can provide a guide. Thanks.
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Rear speaker removal passenger side

Post by Dino D »

Yes it does...
And I found that the the entire middle section needs to come out too.

I have mine is pieces now, pretty simple but I have no pics but will try and explain.

Just pop the cover under the roll hoop (carefully with a thin but not too sharp tool so as not to mark it), butter knife is good).
This will give you access to 2 of the 3 hex bolts that holds the bar. These are very tight!
There is a acre under small round plastic cover on each side (you will it with the hood down, near where he seat belt goes through).

Then remove the centre piece (4 or 5 start screws under plastic covers situated in the area the hood stores, under the air vents, you can see it info look into the rear window). You need the hood up for this, hope you not too tall!!

There are further 3 star screws on each side that keep the plastic trim under the hoop down, they will be obvious.

The lower centre console needs to be loosened too (screw on each side) and the switch panel/blank/change holder popped out (depending on model). It is housed at the bottom of it the centre panel. Once removed you will have access two star screws that join the upper and centre panels.
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Cheers for that. Bit more difficult than I had thought. Wonder why it is so difficult to remove one.
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dino D »

johnz3 wrote:Cheers for that. Bit more difficult than I had thought. Wonder why it is so difficult to remove one.
It is a bit silly to do all that for a small speaker and of course makes it better to sell the 'HK upgrade' which good old BMW trick - fit useless 'Business' sound systems so that people pay extra for the upgrade which it should have had as standard!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

standard strategy across the brands... my A5 has the full Bang & Olufsen set up, and I looked for it when buying the car but it is a ridiculous premium when new
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal