engine light on

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

engine light on

Post by peter2b »

the engine light came on after 80 miles on Sunday engine runs a smooth as before no nasty noises nothing showed on my b800 ,when I fitted a new battery on Saturday there was a grey pipe about 8mm dia under the old battery with what looks like a 90deg fitting in the end which has been Brocken off any ideas what it's for and could that have any thing to do with the engine light?
peter2b
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Re: engine light on

Post by colb »

B800 will only read the airbag faults not the engine check light codes you need another reader to do that.

Once you read the codes it should tell you what set the light and you should have the option of resetting the light to see if the code returns again.

Colb
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Hi, The grey pipe you refer to sounds like the battery vent pipe. The 90 degree fitting pushes onto the top of the original spec battery with the other end of the pipe exiting through the boot floor to vent charging gases to the outside of the boot.

Regards BB
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

our z3 engine light was triggered by a split air inlet pipe, but without a reader it could be loads of things. PS ours still ran smoothly as well!
regards