Agreed value insurance

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ralft01

Z3 roadster 2.8

Agreed value insurance

Post by ralft01 »

I am surprised at the low value placed upon used Z3's in the used car market. I have spent a lot of time working on my 1998 2.8 Auto and am always impressed by the underlying quality and the level of design and engineering. I have seen some ridiculous valuations on EBay and Parkers, and I don't understand why this should be.
This of course reflects in the write-off value should you have a prang, regardless of what you may have spent yourself improving the car.
I have negotiated an Agreed Value of £4000 for my Z with my insurance company. It cost a few pounds more for the basic insurance, but I think it is worth it.
Any thoughts?
pingu

M roadster S50

Re: Agreed value insurance

Post by pingu »

I've just done my insurance and have decided against going down that route as the prices of the Ms are going up.

I hope that neither of us regret our decisions :) .
Pingu
Lancsbob

blank

Post by Lancsbob »

I just paid £5500 for my 2.2 low milage Z3 & am still spending, these valuations are way off mark
as i think prices for good low milage cars are on the up & valuations should reflect this.
When i renew my insurance i'm hoping to have an agreed valuation of £6000.
Time will tell.
There is no way you could get a good low milage 2.2, 2.8 or 3.0 for under £5000 unless you
are very lucky.Trade are asking over £7000

Bob
Rixster89

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rixster89 »

I paid £1000 for my 98' 1.9 in atlanta blue that has just hit 100k miles with a full service history :) However, this was because of a unique set of circumstances I was able to take advantage of, and I suspect it is worth significantly more. The insurance valued it at 2500.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

My 2002 low mileage 3.0 M Sport is insured for £7,000.

Prices for good ones are creeping up, as people realise you can get a 2 seater sports car with the performance of a TVR, for next to nothing.

There's lots of slightly rough or high mileage ones on Ebay, which is l think holding prices down, as they all look great on the photo's.

Prices for the M version have gone mad, and in real world driving the 3.0 is not that much different.