After market S?S Roll Bar

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Geoff Crispin

Z3 coupe 3.0i

After market S?S Roll Bar

Post by Geoff Crispin »

I am having trouble locating instructions to fit a second hand roll bar made by XSPower. to my Sept. 98 model.
The diameter of the tube is slightly larger than the hole in the seat belt retracter cover, do I make it larger or try to get right ones and do I just have to undo the 3 fixing screws on this seat belt retracter cover one on the outside and 2 in the glove box section ? if so how does one get it all back into place with the bar that joins the 2 hoops.
If any one can give me guidance on this it will be very much appreciated, (I have only had the Z3 for 3 weeks and is all very new to me as used to working on my old TR4 not the same)

Kind regards

Geoff Crispin
ralft01

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: After market S?S Roll Bar

Post by ralft01 »

Hello Geoff

I fear that you may not be able to fit that roll bar at all! Not all a/m bars fit all Z's and it is important to ensure compatibility before buying. Having said that, hopefully another forum member will be able to give you better news.

Good luck.

Ralft
Geoff Crispin

Z3 coupe 3.0i

Post by Geoff Crispin »

have now fitted the roll bar (hoops)
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Hi Geoff.

Please remember that the type of hoops with the bar joining them are purely cosmetic. They will offer no protection whatsoever in the event of a roll....

A.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Alfie wrote:Hi Geoff.

Please remember that the type of hoops with the bar joining them are purely cosmetic. They will offer no protection whatsoever in the event of a roll....

A.
Don't worry too much though as it is no worse than some of the early Z3's which have no hoops at all.
the protection is built into the seat back and windscreen, as the weight of the seat will tell you.

Much like taking it down the strip at santa pod, you have to wear a helmet if the roof is down, but it is not required if the roof is up.... as the layer of cloth will protect you instead.. :puzzle: may as well just wear a hat. :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..