New Soft Top

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

New Soft Top

Post by alec.m »

Following my split rear screen and general deterioration of my hood I decided on a new hood from Soft Tops at Croyden. Good price, excellent job from a person that knows his soft tops.

stevietgr

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New Soft Top

Post by stevietgr »

Very nice. How much did that set you back ?
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

£425 Fitted. Looks brilliant in the flesh and quality material. Nice to be able to see out of the rear widow!!!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Well done. That's an expensive maintenance project, but one which is as important as any other part of the body and integrity of the car. I'm sure you must really appreciate your Z. :cheers
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

Cheers Barry :cheers ,
It`s been a job that`s needed doing for a while, it was making the whole car look shabby. Just to let you know your armrest / cup holder is still appreciated, makes a long run so comfortable. I hope you`re fully recovered now.
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

good price, i still have the original top, was considering this myself but couldn't decide on colour, my z is montreal blue and i did consider a blue hood but now im more drawn to the original black, then i saw something that made me stop and think again (cant say what it was yet as it still hasn't properly developed yet). if you take into account how much an oem rear window costs it makes sense to change the hood too. mine is still too good to justify changing (unless this winter kills my rear screen as i do drop the top even during the winter). your new top looks excellent 8-)
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Also got a new hood fitted at Croydon Soft Tops back in April - great value and makes you realise how worn the old z3 hoods are becoming - mine was 1998. I went for navy blue on a Arctic Silver car - looks great. :)
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Had one fitted there 2 years ago at £325 for a blue one, as did my son.
Even now says on his website it is £325.
Must charge £100 for the relief pockets.
Excellent workmanship though,

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

How is the window holding after this time Gookah?
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Althulas wrote:How is the window holding after this time Gookah?

no leaks, and the seal can't separate like the zippy ones, however I have the normal line starting to form across it from dust rubbing on it. Not polished it out yet as the roof is always down so it doesn't bother me.
I also have a couple of rub marks forming on the top but not anything like the previous roof.

I don't think I will need it, but I reckon even If I was to get a nice new roof every 5 years, for £325 a time, Its cheaper than tyres.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

then i saw something that made me stop and think again (cant say what it was yet as it still hasn't properly developed yet)
...interesting :roll:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

Koolflyer wrote:
then i saw something that made me stop and think again (cant say what it was yet as it still hasn't properly developed yet)
...interesting :roll:
its a secret at the mo :lol: