Got me a new Z

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Julie Z3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Got me a new Z

Post by Julie Z3 »

ImageHello guys
Just a quick update to say that hubby collected my shiny new (to me) 3 litre today, having given up on the dream to own an M I 've been looking for a 3 litre auto for a while now. Having almost given up a black 2001 came on the market last week, rang the dealer and made an offer over the phone and to our surprise he rang back 30 minutes later and accepted with a small holding deposit.
Probably not the best way to buy a used car but he said if it wasn't as described he would refund the deposit. Collected the car and drove the 120 miles back home and tbh it's better than we expected, slightly highish mileage for some on here (103,000) but full BMW service history till 73k then independent thereafter .Only two owners from new the first for 3 years then the last for 11 years, its exactly as it left the factory with nothing aftermarket whatsoever and complete with the factory hardtop.
Now I really wanted an auto after driving my clunky old manual 2.8 for the last five years and this thing goes rather well in sport mode and even has a tiptronic thing if you want to get along a little faster! Hubby's quite pleased as I've given him the 2.8 to play with.............[imghttp://imgur.com/R7y9s0N][/img]
Last edited by Julie Z3 on Sun 18 Oct, 2015 18:18, edited 2 times in total.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Got me a new Z

Post by peter2b »

Congrats on your new zed , my swmbo is also thinking of getting her self a zed as she loves mine
Peter2b
Robz3sport

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Robz3sport »

Congrats.......now get some pics up......
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

Two Zeds in one household? His and hers? Now that's greedy... I mean, lucky. Saying that, between driving one or being driven in one, I know which I would choose! Moreover, that could make things easy for parts... as long as you don't get caught.
Obviously, pics or it didn't happen.

Boosh.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Congratulations - 2.8 to 3.0 is a decent upgrade :)
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Congrats Julie, the 3.0 is a lovely lump ;) hmmm.......not driven an auto Z3, maybe need to steel a drive in someone's at some point.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Well done Julie, the 3.0 is great.

My other half has a 330 vert auto and it's great, plenty of poke.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage