Engine Torque Settings Required

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
bentley-boy

blank

Engine Torque Settings Required

Post by bentley-boy »

Hi All, Anyone able to furnish me with torque figures (angles) for a 2000 facelift 1.9 M43 8 valve engine (as opposed to the earlier twin cam 4 cylinder).
Head bolt initial torque figure plus angles. Camshaft retaining cap nuts. Camshaft drive sprocket bolts.
Thanks as always.
BB
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Engine Torque Settings Required

Post by Southernboy »

I have supplied several members with the Bentleys Workshop Manual. Perhaps post a thread asking if anyone has a copy they can provide you with... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Wot, no-one?
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I have both the Bentley and Haynes manuals but both appear to have been written for the US market and so do not contain any information on the 1.9 M43 car which I believe was never sold in the US. Also, both seem to focus on pre-facelift cars.

From time-to-time there is some so called "TIS documentation" which pops up online somewhere (it keeps getting moved) - this appears to be in-house BMW technician stuff.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

The cylinder head torque settings are 22ft/lb (30nm) and 90degree torque angle, followed by another 90 degree torque angle. Make sure to wait approximately 10minutes before performing the 2nd torque angle.
remember they are a 'use once only' bolt as they are designed to stretch, and a second time they will snap.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..