Z3 wanted

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z3 wanted

Post by peterandjenny »

Our friends are looking to purchase a z3 after theirs was written off 2 days ago ( car pulled out of a side junction into the side of the zed the drove off leaving part of the car including the number plate behind police thought it was funny when asked if they got the reg number they presented the plate! ) It was a 1.9 and are looking for a larger engine this time . This is them at Silverstone https://goo.gl/photos/qkhhoYAiqfvJYZRn7
and when it was ours https://goo.gl/photos/78NpNRxgSP7UoLsHA . Sad to see another one bites the dust.
No set budget but something nice
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Z3 wanted

Post by bertiejaffa »

My 2.0l is up for sale if they are interested - not much bigger than a 1.9l but a very nice car with unique interior. Let them have a read of the journal on my signature if they are interested and want to know more let me know
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
z3lowey

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by z3lowey »

Mine is up for sale - it's only a 1.9, but is mint.

Dealers are trying to shaft me so will be a bargain via Ebay...65k, FSH, no dings, rips, tears, rust etc. 2002.

I would prefer to see it go to a good home!!
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

How about posting in the STOCK EXCHANGE section? Wouldn't it be where most people selling their car would post it? You can even post a 'Wanted' add. This forum has specific sections for the purpose of grouping similar posts. Not wanting to sound mean (nice to see the Z3 community growing on here), but I'd think it might also yield better results.

Boosh.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I hope the other driver gets done for failing to stop after an accident. It happened to me once, Range Rover pulled out of a side road, rammed me in the side then drove off. Took out every panel on the nearside of my van.

When caught the woman said she "didn't realise that she'd hit somebody".
steve.storey

blank

Post by steve.storey »

If they can they need to try and keep hold of the car , the insurance company will want next to nothing for it but they could then strip it and sell the parts
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

depends on the amount of damage done, insurance cost repairs at full retail price plus labour, when I got my zed as a cat C repairs would have been new bonnet , 2 head lights, new bumper, bumper support rad, fan, but by using 2nd hand parts she only cost me about £400 to get back on the road
peter2b
billibob

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by billibob »

I was thinking of selling ours later in the year but if they are interested, 03 reg, 3.0l silver with black and blue leather and hard top.
beerbelly

blank

Post by beerbelly »

we have a very nice 2.8 widebody that I'm going to advertise soon .ours for last seven years .70k ish full service history silver with extended red/black sports leather royal steering wheel re cover .m sports pack ect hard top included or lower price without .will be around £4k with hard top or £3500 without. still sorned and in storage but will have new mot and fresh service .located in the north east I can take pics if your interested
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi Peter & Jenny. My 2000 Topaz Blue 2.0 ltr Auto with 74,250 miles and full history with Hardtop and storage trolley and running on BMW Staggered Wheels with almost new tyres (original excellent wheels again with almost new tyres are available) is available. PM me for details and photos.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Clivebse

M roadster S50

Post by Clivebse »

I have a 2002 M Sport in Titan silver with sports black leather heated seats. £2250. Pm me if interested
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Everybody seems to be selling up!

That's often the way with sports cars though, they can sit in the garage all winter unused and you almost forget that you own it. Then you suddenly think "we hardly use that car, and the money would come in useful"

Then comes the Ebay advert, selling due to "lack of use".

It's why so many cars of this type have had a dozen owners in a decade.
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

They are still waiting for the insurance outcome . Hang fire for now.

peter
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

peterandjenny wrote:They are still waiting for the insurance outcome . Hang fire for now.

peter
Hi peter&jenny. Was this post directed towards me or the members in general ?
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

To everyone on this thread , we had hoped things would be decided by now but the other driver leaving the accident has complicated things.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

peterandjenny wrote:To everyone on this thread , we had hoped things would be decided by now but the other driver leaving the accident has complicated things.
Hi again Peter &Jenny. Which part of the country do you and your friends (interested party) live ?
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

milton keynes
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I am keeping mine

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

gookah wrote:I am keeping mine
Hi gookah. I would be keeping mine but for an Arthritic elbow and shoulder that protest when handling the Hardtop. Ms RoosterinaRoadster has damaged her right shoulder and is pending surgery with little guarantee of a true fix. The Hardtop has been stored since being removed for the start of last Spring.

I have pondered removing the full BMW fixing kit and selling the hard top complete with the kit and then having a new - but Blue Mohair Hood made - and falling in love with it all over again.
My hood is apparently the original Black fully lined variant but I think that Topaz Blue Metallic with a Blue Hood would look rather spiffy.

I had it on both E'bay and Gumtree at the end of Summer and before Christmas but got the usual idiots with absolutely insane offers and three scammers wanting to purchase it as a 'secret' gift for the whole of the figure - send my PayPal details and they will transfer the funds and arrange for a 'Fellow Scammer' to collect.

There is one born everyday !!
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Yeah they pay the money into your paypal, it's all genuine, then the "friend" collects it, then the original buyer says he "never received the goods" Paypal refund his money and you are left high and dry.