Potentially moving to US with work - what price for Z3?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Potentially moving to US with work - what price for Z3?

Post by 692DPG »

Hi - with a heavy heart I've got to ask the question as I won't be able to take it with me.

My first thoughts are £4.5k as is with all M Parts and both sets of wheels (Schnitzers and standard 17s) or £3.8k as is with standard wheels. Please note either way, car comes without the Raid steering wheel as it is being returned to Ian_C.

Does this sound reasonable?

Car is 3 owner with 64k miles, MOT December 2016, FSH plus all bills and MOTs from new.

Link to journal: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=41224

Cheers, Dave.
1997 (R) BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - weekender
Hell Red/Imola Red/Black Z3M leather - 2 door, manual
2005 (55) Porsche 997 C4S 3.8 - man-o-porsche
Arctic Silver/Black leather - 2 door, manual
2017 (67) BMW M140i - daily
White/Black leather - 3 door, manual
Lancsbob

blank

Re: Potentially moving to US with work - what price for Z3?

Post by Lancsbob »

I think its under priced, i paid 5.5 for a 2.2 Sport with 62000mls unless you want a quick sale.
Age may be against it but it looks fab from what i can see. Mine's 2002.
Probably paid too much but it was the colour i wanted & was local with low milage.

Bob
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 692DPG »

Lancsbob wrote:I think its under priced, i paid 5.5 for a 2.2 Sport with 62000mls unless you want a quick sale.
Age may be against it but it looks fab from what i can see. Mine's 2002.
Probably paid too much but it was the colour i wanted & was local with low milage.

Bob
Cheers Bob - I was a bit stumped to be fair, early 2.8s are sub £3k with higher miles so the spread is huge. Originally I was thinking £5k as the last set of AC Schnitzer wheels like mine went for over £1500 on eBay and the Z3M mirrors and full interior would be worth about £1500 but ultimately it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay. It is a great car in brilliant condition which has had an awful lot of love, money and attention since new.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

It is worth more than 5000 to anyone who knows z3 (m seats, m mirrors, wheels, m console, condition, 2.8), the bad thing is that everyone who knows z3, usually already has one ;)

So best way to get more money - sell additional parts separately and car with stock parts - separately.
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 692DPG »

deni2s wrote:It is worth more than 5000 to anyone who knows z3 (m seats, m mirrors, wheels, m console, condition, 2.8), the bad thing is that everyone who knows z3, usually already has one ;)

So best way to get more money - sell additional parts separately and car with stock parts - separately.
Cheers Deni2s - I know the parts are quite valuable but I would rather sell as a complete package. If it looks like there are no takers as it is I will perhaps consider selling some parts separately. You seem to be building a collection - how long have you had the yellow US spec car?
Dave.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

692DPG wrote:You seem to be building a collection - how long have you had the yellow US spec car?
Since November. It's in not the best condition, but technically drives well and engine works. Lots of small things are missing or need some hand.
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 692DPG »

deni2s wrote:
692DPG wrote:You seem to be building a collection - how long have you had the yellow US spec car?
Since November. It's in not the best condition, but technically drives well and engine works. Lots of small things are missing or need some hand.
Sounds like a great project - I don't think I've ever seen an early car in yellow. Is it an original colour?
Lancsbob

blank

Post by Lancsbob »

You could always test the water on E'bay. Reserve £5.5k or whatever & buy it now 6+k
If it doesn't sell then it won't cost anything but factor in ebay costs in your price.
Beware of scams.
Shame you couldn't leave it a few months & sell in the Spring/Summer.

Bob
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

692DPG wrote:Sounds like a great project - I don't think I've ever seen an early car in yellow. Is it an original colour?
No, it's not. Was painted yellow from gray by one of previous owners. I don't even know what yellow that is, don't think that's dakar yellow, looks brighter. I needed some winter beater and friend of mine offered this at good price. I hope I will not have to invest in it too much to pass the MOT in June, as there is a lot of rust, but suspension, brakes and engine should be in good condition. And lots of small things require attention, I like dealing with them as I already know most of these issues and have most spare parts from the other car. Probably non z3 owner wouldn't even know what to do or what's missing (like previous owner), so I feel a little bit like resurrecting this car :)