We're all rich I tell you!

Post by motco »

mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: We're all rich I tell you!

Post by mrscalex »

ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

mrscalex wrote:Read all about it here.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=44260
Ah, thanks! I didn't make the connection before. Too many £££ floating before my eyes! :D
Grandadg90

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Grandadg90 »

Not all unfortunately, if you have a low mileage car or a sports model then possibly Yes.
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

Mine is a 2.2i Sport made in the final week of production and has a mileage of about 47,000 from memory. Must be worth a shilling or two? :?
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

mine was built in 2001 June but with 135k on it still purrs like new
peter2b
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

A main dealer will achieve higher prices.

A private sale will probably achieve about half what Sytner sell Z3's for. Prices are on the rise though, as with many older cars. I sold my Ferrari Mondial t in 2011 for £18,000. The same model sells now at £45,000.....sigh.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

It's not sold yet, I suspect they've allowed the used car sales manager to have a few speculative punts to try and create a market for some low mileage specials.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Apparently Sytner paid 8.5K for it so looking to double their money and if you look at the pics the car is rusting away on the sills and arches. A little scandalous if you ask me but you pays your money and takes your choice. As Mine has 27K and no rust it must be worth double that :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

There's a nice low mileage silver 3.0 on Ebay at the moment for well under £8,000.
Less than half the price of the Sytner one, and as yet not sold.

Seller has relisted it for under £7,000 and still nobody has nibbled.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322171199159

Maybe he should call Sytner and see what they will give for it!
Grandadg90

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Grandadg90 »

The eBay one is not a sport model, whereas Synters is. I still wouldn't pay their asking price or anywhere near it.
tfp

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tfp »

lightning wrote:There's a nice low mileage silver 3.0 on Ebay at the moment for well under £8,000.
Less than half the price of the Sytner one, and as yet not sold.

Seller has relisted it for under £7,000 and still nobody has nibbled.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322171199159

Maybe he should call Sytner and see what they will give for it!
I saw that one and was tempted until I looked ta the MOT history, too many mentions of corrosion on everything.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

I just took a look at the MOT history myself. If I liked the rest of the car enough it wouldn't put me off. The corrosion is noted as slight and is on brake hoses and shock absorbers. Not such a big deal really and cheap enough to replace if it becomes a problem. There are also notes for slight wear/deterioration on suspension bushes. Again not such a big deal. Other than that it could do with a tyre and there is a note of an oil leak - I'd want to know what that is. Also remember some garages are more fussy than others, some mechanics within a garage are fussier than others. Some garages are paranoid if they aren't tight they'll loose their test license and others are fishing for work.

Probably less than £500 of work labour and materials and a good bargaining point in negotiation.

If it's as nice as it looks in the photos the only thing that would put me off is that it isn't a Sport. The 3.0 base model has some Sport features as standard. But the lack of Sport seats alone would put me off spending big money.
ImageImage
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
tfp

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tfp »

mrscalex wrote:I just took a look at the MOT history myself. If I liked the rest of the car enough it wouldn't put me off. The corrosion is noted as slight and is on brake hoses and shock absorbers. Not such a big deal really and cheap enough to replace if it becomes a problem.
Mot failure in 2012, a bit more than slight corrosion.

Reason(s) for failure
Power steering pipe(s) or hose(s) excessively corroded (2.3.2)
Nearside Rear coil spring incomplete (2.4.C.1a)
Nearside Front Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Offside Front Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Offside Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Offside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Nearside Front Tyre has a cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords (4.1.D.1a)

It must have all been done for the MOT
billysally208

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by billysally208 »

Took mine for MOT on Thursday - got one advisory - 'underseal / sealant on underfloor and panels' - not too bothered or surprised as I had spent two days scraping all the crud off the underneath, treating any minor rust areas, and then spraying 2 and a half litres of Hammerite Waxoyl sealant underneath - I also replaced all four discs and pads, as well as the handbrake shoes and cables, before taking it for it's test.
Priceless to me - but don't think even Sytners could ask 17 grand for it.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

That failure list isn't too bad, it's all bits and pieces nothing serious.

It does show that "on the street" the prices for a Z3 3.0 are still reasonable. I'm fed up with the continuous price rises on classic cars.
Every advert seems to say "prices for these are only going one way" The cars are being tucked away by investors and never used.
It's making many classics unattainable to "ordinary" enthusiasts.
Grandadg90

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Grandadg90 »

Couldn't agree more, the 911's being a case in point. I very had a few air cooled car, wish I'd kept them.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

tfp wrote:
mrscalex wrote:I just took a look at the MOT history myself. If I liked the rest of the car enough it wouldn't put me off. The corrosion is noted as slight and is on brake hoses and shock absorbers. Not such a big deal really and cheap enough to replace if it becomes a problem.
Mot failure in 2012, a bit more than slight corrosion.
I was referring to this year's advisories really.

That said I did see the historical fails. And I'd say they are all little more than par for the course. I've looked at dozens of Z3 MOT histories and they are very common fails. Plus you've got proof that susceptible areas have been done recently. I'd probably prefer to see that than have to sort it out myself a couple years down the line.
ImageImage
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

on my last mot no fails but 2 advisories 1 head light securing screw missing (I never fitted it in the first place) 2 1" paint missing on ns rear brake pipe not bod for the old girl
peter2b