grrrrr rain on shoulder...!!!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

grrrrr rain on shoulder...!!!

Post by handsomejackuk »

as topic says i got rain coming in and landing on my arm / shoulder i can see where it is coming in the hinged seal on the roof that seals on to the window glass, there is a slight gap it looks like its sealed but i can see a chink of light coming through any suggestions for the fix... maybe slide up the rubber ?

passenger side is all ok... that seems to be firm against each other... the angled type seal....
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: grrrrr rain on shoulder...!!!

Post by peter2b »

what I did on my z3 had some wiring loom wrap the when you streach it it sticks together I cut a 3" strip folded it over 3 times then put into the gaps 1 mid and the other where the hood fits onto the windscreen been dry for 6 months now some folk use stuf the fixes cycle tubes
peter2b
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

i removed the rear rubber seal and put it back on it seems to have fitted better now i wonder if its been off before i just keep an eye on it.. got some gummi pflege on order anyway.. to keep the rubbers all supple.... and removed the front seal by accident ... grrrrrrr
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

all nice and dry today, had to use the car, even in this weather, and not a drop of water on my shoulder..

I did notice a few spots, around the gear knob and, centre console... but realised that my daughter was doing some pretty heavy sneezing grrr hay fever... so give her a row for spreading germs in my car... and a few times i got pretty soaked as i left the wipers on, with the door open, and forgot when i got in the car and turned the ignition on,, grrrrr did that a few times i have to remember not to do that now....
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

When you are removing rubber seals there are adjustment screws underneath (T15 if I remember right). Not many z3 owners had noticed them and try to cure things with gummi pfledge instead...