m44 1.9 adaption run

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

m44 1.9 adaption run

Post by handsomejackuk »

Hi,

had my battery disconnected all night last night due to me having steering wheel off... so suspect my ECU has reset and is only running short term fuel trims... my clock and odometer reset too as expected, just curious is there a prefered method of getting the car to adapt to an ecu reset, as it seemed to be running a little rich today, and only really pottering about but just a whiff of throttle and its away, it probably has not seen full throttle all day due to city town driving...

i know my saab says on the display 1st adaption and second adpation...

thanks Al
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: m44 1.9 adaption run

Post by mrscalex »

handsomejackuk wrote:Hi,

had my battery disconnected all night last night due to me having steering wheel off... so suspect my ECU has reset and is only running short term fuel trims... my clock and odometer reset too as expected, just curious is there a prefered method of getting the car to adapt to an ecu reset, as it seemed to be running a little rich today, and only really pottering about but just a whiff of throttle and its away, it probably has not seen full throttle all day due to city town driving...

i know my saab says on the display 1st adaption and second adpation...

thanks Al
I frequently leave my Z3s with disconnected and flat batteries. It's never reset the adaptations in full or part - at least that I'd notice.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: m44 1.9 adaption run

Post by BladeRunner919 »

The only way to clear adaptations is with diagnostics. Removing the battery doesn't do it.