Awsome drive

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Awsome drive

Post by peter2b »

Just done the hardnot pass in my z3 you need a front camera to see where your going as the road drops below the bonnet so you can't see what's there magic run though
Peter2b
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Awsome drive

Post by Gazza »

A group of us did that run and also Wrynoss Pass, it was drizzling at the time, very interesting :shock:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Definitely a great ride
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

peter2b wrote:Just done the hardnot pass in my z3 you need a front camera to see where your going as the road drops below the bonnet so you can't see what's there magic run though
Peter2b
where is this bit you talk about would love to view it on google maps....?

https://goo.gl/maps/E7psJL4yUQv
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Some pics here of our run in 2013 - much more fun when done with a few zeds. :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Looks good......

Is there a Lake District road with Snake or Stone or ??? in the title.

Googling Snake Pass brings up Derbyshire but looking for the road I used in my first car 40 years ago and definately wasn't there.

I think the road would have been in the Bowness, Ambleside area and I don't recall it being quite as narrow as Hardknott and Wrynose
(Like my memories that good :D )

UPDATE: Just watched a video of Wrynose and may well have been the one just not convinced that was the name? Stream running alongside road with area in between being used by campers.

???????
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

did the Applecross pass a couple of years ago with some chaps in our robinhood2b's did the Duke pass as well the Applecross pass is as narrow as thre hardknot but with less switch backs , if you look on YouTube for robinhood Scottish road trip you will see some vids on there
peter2b
Trevsky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Trevsky »

Warrior wrote:Looks good......

Is there a Lake District road with Snake or Stone or ??? in the title.

Googling Snake Pass brings up Derbyshire but looking for the road I used in my first car 40 years ago and definately wasn't there.

I think the road would have been in the Bowness, Ambleside area and I don't recall it being quite as narrow as Hardknott and Wrynose
(Like my memories that good :D )

UPDATE: Just watched a video of Wrynose and may well have been the one just not convinced that was the name? Stream running alongside road with area in between being used by campers.

Hi Warrior,
I think the road you mean is Kirkstone Pass which goes up out of Ambleside and up to the Kirkstone Pass Inn. Happy memories.
???????