Little white window sliders

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Little white window sliders

Post by swabyk »

Hi Guys,
Anyone know the part number or where I can buy the little white sliders inside the door cards for the electric windows. Have to remove my door cards soon to refurb the speaker grills so want to do some general housekeeping whilst the cards are off, replacing the white sliders on a 17yr old car seems a sensible thing to do. Thanks

Rgds
Ken
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Little white window sliders

Post by swabyk »

Its OK, found them on ebay, hundreds of them!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

The copy parts on Ebay are materially no cheaper than from BMW. I bought a couple from Trainers in Swansea a couple of weeks ago and they were either £3.50 each or even £3.50 a pair - can't remember. Doesn't matter, either way you'll only save pennies on Ebay and you might consider yourself better off with the OEM part.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Just checked the receipt. £9.22 for 4 from BMW so £2.30 each. Byronix (to date quality) copy part supplier on ebay £3.25!!
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)