Hard Top Issues

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Kondor

Z3 roadster 2.8

Hard Top Issues

Post by Kondor »

Hi all. It's been a while since posting, but I've got a couple of issues that I need to address before the weather really turns.

A couple of years ago, whilst fitting the hard top, I managed to snap off the turning handle on the driver's side. Clearly there was a weakness in it, as it didn't take much force to do. At the time we had a newborn, and there were bigger priorities than getting it fixed. Now though, the time has come to put it right.

I'm trying to get the whole mechanism off the roof, and this means removing the headliner. This, however, has the small shelf below the window attached to it by way of what looks like plastic screws. Not surprisingly, these don't want to budge, but I'm going to have to remove them somehow to get the handle mechanism off to try to weld it back together (the other option is a new one from BMW at over £300!).

Any advise/help on how to put this right?
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Hard Top Issues

Post by bertiejaffa »

I have fitted a few hardtops in my time - I assume you mean the catch to tighten the hardtop to the car has broke?

Im not sure what you mean when you mention the shelf etc.... do you have any pics?
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal