Exhaust cam sensor

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lacedr

Z3 roadster 1.9

Exhaust cam sensor

Post by lacedr »

Ever since I have had my latest z3 it just didn't feel as if it was performing as well as it could have been despite having a recent service and both cam sensors changed, I still kept getting a fault code showing p0389 so decided to buy a oem cam (exhaust)sensor rather than a aftermarket one.
When I tried to install the cam sensor it wouldn't push home fully on closer inspection there was an extra o ring in place so not allowing the cam sensor to be in the correct position. The difference in performance is like night and day, so I am very pleased.
I know I didn't leave an extra o ring in place when I last changed the sensor but am pleased with the car is running as it should be.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Exhaust cam sensor

Post by bertiejaffa »

good news
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Exhaust cam sensor

Post by Gazza »

My local mechanic has always told me to use OEM sensors, he says aftermarket items quite often don't send the correct signals.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage