Removing Carpets

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Removing Carpets

Post by z3ddie »

Had a good look around here but not come up with anything so I was wondering if there are any useful tips or things to watch out for when removing the footwell carpets - got a new set of seats cards and carpets from a breaker that are in mint condition and going to swap them out for my tatty set. Quite happy about doing the seats and cards but the carpets look like they might be a bit of a challenge. Cheers
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Removing Carpets

Post by BladeRunner919 »

You'll need to remove most of the interior - the carpets are one piece that goes under the centre console, so it's a fairly big job. See here for more info: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15979
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Brill thanks - exactly what i needed - couldnt find this in my searches - looks like my weekend is gone!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

The front half of the carpet also goes under the heater matrix and there is a little latch to remove the accelerator pedal as well. Both are documented in my M thread under my signature - I cut round the heater matrix in the end when removing/refitting the carpet - its hidden by the centre console anyway when everything is back in place
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal