Of Mice and Men!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Of Mice and Men!

Post by Bonzo »

Well,I've bitten the bullet and started the replacement of Z3lda's sills. A bit of a struggle for someone of my tender years, especially the front O.S. inner wheel arch liner!! With that out of the way I removed the crud from behind the sill and pulled out............. a mice nest with a nice store of old sunflower seed bird food!!! It was just over a year ago ( I think ) that it failed the MOT due to rodent damage on the insulation of the wires to the low brake fluid switch, so the pesky mice must have made a home in the sill below. I did find a hole in my bag of sunflower seed hearts and so, set some traps. I think I got 2 or 3 takers so probably got them all. Only one taker this year, so it probably wasn't his nest, but you never know! I don't like killing the little furry fellers, but they do cause damage and leave their poo all over the place!

This must be a first? ...........or is it?

:cheers

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Of Mice and Men!

Post by bertiejaffa »

We recently had one in the garage at home that I managed to catch... I had initially thought it had just helped intself to the various bits of bird food and cardboard boxes in there until the other day when I took the seat off the motorbike to charge the battery and found it had been in there as well....!! Thankfully the wires were ok but my non-slip mat and my map are no more !!
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Of Mice and Men!

Post by Del »

I get them in my garage over the winter - you need to set some traps to protect your car over winter