Rubbish Bodyshop

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Rubbish Bodyshop

Post by z3ddie »

So after a lot of pain and sweat of fitting donor carpets and seats I went and bent the front near side bumper on a step outside a shop that was out of my line of sight, silly boy.
Anyway took it a local bodyshop that a couple of mates recommended and they quoted me £130 to put it right.
Picked it up yesterday and unfortunately the boss was not there but I was really mad that they only did the damage, sprayed and mopped an area around 6'' x 4'' and didnt do the whole of the bumper to match it all in, no wonder it was only £130.
Cosmetically it looks 'ok' but I really was expecting the whole of it to be done.
Moral of the story I suppose is to ask for EXACTLY what they are going to do to your pride and joy.

I won't name and shame here but I have a lot of petrol head friends and the word is out to avoid this lot
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Rubbish Bodyshop

Post by BladeRunner919 »

While that is disappointing, it does sound as though you hadn't discussed what the process would be with the bodyshop in advance so you can't really blame them entirely. Perhaps they thought they were doing you a favour by doing it as inexpensively as possible? :shrug
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Perhaps, but discussing it in the boozer last night apparently he has a bit of a reputation for doing the minimum amount of work, which I wasn't told about. I am just sort of pee'd off as it seems to me like one in one out with little pride in what they do if you understand where I am coming from
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

£130 is the price of a smart repair which is what you got. Normally £250 ish for a full bumper.
I wouldn't blame the garage unless they specifically told you they would do the whole bumper at that price, or if you had asked for it to be done.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

It cost £250 to have my front bumper resprayed (to get rid of stone chips) so that sounds about right.
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

I must have been given a great deal as I got my bonnet and front bumper done for £250!!
And i was very happy with the job and colour match.