Time to treat her- recommend me a mop/polish guy!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
daveofedinburgh

Z3 roadster 2.0

Time to treat her- recommend me a mop/polish guy!

Post by daveofedinburgh »

Hi guys,

So the poor old Z recently shed her auxiliary belt, and I got lucky as I caught it before driving anywhere. This near miss has me loving her again like I used to- she'd been a little neglected before the 'scare'.

Anyway, shes getting presented at the end of this month (as soon as possible) for her MOT, which she'll fly through- and then I want to get a full mop/ polish/ paint correction type job done on her, and possibly have the hood treated as well as the dark blue is looking less dark than it used to.

Now realistically, shes not worth a massive amount of money, and if Im being really truthful she is 'a bit of fun', as much as I love her. Im a big subscriber to 'you get what you pay for', but with all that said can anyone recommend me someone to do this kind of work for a reasonably low price? I dont want to be spending hundreds of pounds on paint on a car that wont look immaculate when done anyway.

Im in the north London area, but could travel a little for the right place. Probably worth saying Id even be happy for a forum member who knows how to tidy up a Z to work on it, even if they are not a 'business'- Im not expecting a perfect result, I just want her looking a little fresher. Dont be shy if you think you could help keep a gorgeous Z3 looking her best....

Any help greatly appreciated! :-)
2000, 2.0 manual, topasblau, blue leather. Now for sale: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40699

peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Time to treat her- recommend me a mop/polish guy!

Post by peter2b »

I use autoglim polish after a good wash
peterz3
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Time to treat her- recommend me a mop/polish guy!

Post by Gazza »

I've used this Detailer lots of times

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... 0detailing
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage