strange problem this morning

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
mickdev

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

strange problem this morning

Post by mickdev »

Pulled up at the shop this morning , lights were on as it was dark, went to turn ignition off and the whole car shut down. Totally dead, tried turning it over, nothing , completely dead.
My mate was passing and said is it central locking I said yes, he said get out of the car close your door and operate the central locking , which I did, got back in the car and hey presto the dash lit up and all was fine , apart from code needs putting in for stereo as power was off. Anyone else suffered anything similar ?
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: strange problem this morning

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I'd start by checking the connections to the battery. Don't be fooled by the central locking thing - that was just a coincidence. Could be that the closing of the door just jogged something back into contact, especially as the central locking doesn't work when you lose all power, and wouldn't have activated unless power had been restored as you exited the car.
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Definitely check the battery connections in the boot. Had similar happen to me. Loose connection. Take them off clean them and refit them.
mickdev

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mickdev »

will do , strange went into the garage yesterday pressed the remote the alarm went off and I opened the door manually put the keys in and started it up no problem, but the radio code went again, strange things are a happening
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Often the negative can come loose
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal