Car wash

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Whimble

Z3 roadster 2.8

Car wash

Post by Whimble »

Any of you guys use a local hand car wash..? There's a good 1 near Heathrow that I've used.. £12 inside and out.. 6 eastern Europeans running around with ya motor polishing everything..
I always ask them to do the interior first, that way I can drop the hood while it's dry..
Or 3 of em try to get inside at once...
car always comes out looking great..
lazy I know but we all got earn a living.. and they do a great job
Phoenix Nights

Not specified

Post by Phoenix Nights »

Yep, I sometimes use a similar operation near Rugby. Six quid and a very good job. The only drawback is that everyone seems to know about them now and there are often queues so long it's really not worth waiting.
tetchmeister
Z Register member

Not specified

Re: Car wash

Post by tetchmeister »

Whimble wrote:Any of you guys use a local hand car wash..? There's a good 1 near Heathrow that I've used.. £12 inside and out.. 6 eastern Europeans running around with ya motor polishing everything..
I always ask them to do the interior first, that way I can drop the hood while it's dry..
Or 3 of em try to get inside at once...
car always comes out looking great..
lazy I know but we all got earn a living.. and they do a great job
Thats a long drive from Devon to get your car cleaned..... :shock:
Antoninus

Z3 roadster 3.0i

E european car cleaning.

Post by Antoninus »

Had about 6 of these cleaning eastern block wash and wax jobbies in Richmond and Sheen, 7 quid all in. then suddenly last weekend they all closed down. Bit wierd and spooky....
Paul.Stuhlfelder

M roadster S50

Post by Paul.Stuhlfelder »

I wish there was one near to me!

I hate hate hate hate hate washing the car! I've got a load of scratches too :( The guy who valets the works cars is going to do the car for me though just before summer, a full proper wash, a proper polish to remove the scratches, and proper wax protection, and a full inside valet.

£60, not bad, seems as all the kit would cost a big % age of that, and I'm bone idle :D
Israel pulls out of Gaza Strip, Gaza not Pregnant!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: E european car cleaning.

Post by Gazza »

Antoninus wrote:Had about 6 of these cleaning eastern block wash and wax jobbies in Richmond and Sheen, 7 quid all in. then suddenly last weekend they all closed down. Bit wierd and spooky....
Same thing in my area,local council closed them for not having a Trading licence.

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Phoenix Nights

Not specified

Post by Phoenix Nights »

Crikey - I better check my guys are still around :shock:
Whimble

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Whimble »

I don't know how to post quote's.. but tetchmeister wrote..

"That's a long drive from Devon to get your car cleaned"

sure is..

I moved from the Heathrow area 7 yrs ago, but still return 6-7 times a year to see the family and friends

we don't have any of these hand washes in the area I live..

So it's a bit of a treat to pull off the M4 covered in road grime and within 10 minutes she's super shiny again

[/quote]
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Whimble wrote:I don't know how to post quote's.. but tetchmeister wrote..

"That's a long drive from Devon to get your car cleaned"

[/quote]

Whimble, on the right hand side of the post you will see a box that says quote, click this and you are ready to edit the post as required in your post.

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
kinnik1976

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kinnik1976 »

Up here in Aberdeen one of the shopping centres has a few eastern european guys who clean your car when you go shopping, you park your dirty car up in the multistory and when you come back its nice and clean for you, cant remember how much it cost but it was cheaper (and kinder to the car) than going through the local carwash.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must hand wash the Zed. Helps you appreciate her curves more and better. You have to get up close and personal with the Zed.

No car washes for me, hand washed, chamoised, polished, waxed, vacuumed, tyre gelled, etc.

:P
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Never ever ever put your Z3 through an automatic carwash, especially if you have metallic paint. I only take mine to a jet wash and give it some nice warm soapy water. I am still trying to get the scratches out of the bonnet where my mum kindly hand washed it for me when it was covered in paw prints from my ghastly neighbours moggy :head: .

I had it valetted properly for my wedding a month or so ago. Bit pricey at £70, but it did get done inside and out, all the trim cleaned and a complete wax and polish.
R80TER

M roadster S50

Post by R80TER »

I sometimes pay the local polish boys to clean mine but normally i DIY.

Never ever ever!!! get your car cleaned at tesco or the local shopping center unless they have a fresh water supply. a mate had his brand new RS4 Audi cleaned at his local tesco, I presume they had cleaned a mucky 4x4 first as the scratched every single panel on his 1 week old car.....

Fresh water (ie hosepipe/pressure washer) places are normally ok, those bucket monkeys in shopping places, steer well clear of!!
Now Car less :-(
oakley6691

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by oakley6691 »

i've got to clean my own car, i trust no one.....i'm fussy or as my girlfriend calls me obsessive compulsive :puzzle:
Paul.Stuhlfelder

M roadster S50

Post by Paul.Stuhlfelder »

The guy who valets the company cars here is going to come out and do my car, it looks like someone has done the same to mine in the past, cleaned with gritty water, a lot of small scratches, but a few deeper ones too.

He's going to give the car a full polish to clear the scratches, then wax it all properly and do the interior for £60 :D
Israel pulls out of Gaza Strip, Gaza not Pregnant!