How to tell if it's a 2.2i sport?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
chr15athome

Z3 roadster 2.2i

How to tell if it's a 2.2i sport?

Post by chr15athome »

Hi,

I have a 2001 2.2i Z3 which I am currently in the process of selling and am getting the same question from prospective buyers each time asking if it is a 2.2i sport or base model. Well I didn't think it was but then I checked my insurance policy and based on the reg no. they have called it a BMW Z3 2.2i Sport 2 Dr. The car has electric heated leather seats, 17" Alloys, roll-bars, a/c, microwave alarm sensors if this helps.

Kind regards

Chris J
We used to live in an empire rum by an emporer, a kingdom run by a king, now we live in a country...
paulg

Porsche

Post by paulg »

Email BMW customer services with the reg or chassis number and they'll be able to tell you. Will also tell you what extras (if any) were factory fitted.
xtLSport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by xtLSport »

2.2i sport edition (mine) has these items stock:

M steering wheel, Iluminated M gearknob, sport bumpers front and back, 225 17 inch wheels front and 245 17 inch back with two type of rims:
styling 78 (the one i have)
or
styling 42

you also get sport seats (in some versions), clear turn signals, and i thinks thats all.
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

paulg wrote:Email BMW customer services with the reg or chassis number and they'll be able to tell you. Will also tell you what extras (if any) were factory fitted.
my local dealer did this for me when I was in buying parts
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

chr15athome - have a look at this thread, it may help

viewtopic.php?t=6882&highlight=sport
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
chr15athome

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by chr15athome »

Cheers guys it seems like I have the standard but with most of the options that the sport comes with.

I am gonna try and sell it for about £12000, I just hope it goes for that cos resale prices seem to have fallen quickly over the last year.

Cheers

Chris
We used to live in an empire rum by an emporer, a kingdom run by a king, now we live in a country...
derek

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by derek »

No offence mate but I've just seen a 2001 2.2 Z3 sell at harry fairbairns BMW for just over £11k.

Not a sport but like yours has all the options, black metallic with carnival red leather.

I bought my 2000 W 2.0 Z3 with all the same options you mentioned for £10k in a private sale this time last year.

I'd say £10-11k would be your market

hope this helps
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

chr15athome,

Look for £12k and whatever you do don't let it go for anything less than £11, 500. It's worth it now, and a steal at that price in May.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
jan

Not specified

Post by jan »

Hello,

Why did you sell the 2.2 sport? I'm in the process of buying exactly that car, a 2001 2.2 sport edition so i'm interested in hearing about the flaws first hand. I already owned a 1.9 Z3.

Greetz,

Jan
chr15athome

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by chr15athome »

Flaws, what flaws?

Ok the handling could be better and the ride but what but hey if you want those features buy a mondeo.
This car looks great, sounds great, feels great and drives even better, if you have owned a 1.9 then you'll be used to the Z handling anyway and you'll know how much of a head turner the Z is. After I have sold mine I will definately buy another if I get the opportunity in the future.

Chris J