Which is the best insurance company to use to insure my Z3

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

I have only had good experience with Admiral.

Do a search on insurance within the forum. You will find threads where this has been discussed at length before.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
R80TER

M roadster S50

Re: Which is the best insurance company to use to insure my

Post by R80TER »

Craig. wrote:I am in process of searching for my zed and just spoken to my insurance company and they will not let me add another car to my policy.

They said that I will need set up a new policy because you can only insure one car on one policy, but also I can't use my no claims bonus on my second policy.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good company for the zed's or if there is company that allow you to insure two cars on one policy.

Any advice would be much appreciated
IIRC admiral do 2 car policies. although they are not friendly on Mods....
Now Car less :-(
Craig.

Z3 roadster 1.9

Which is the best insurance company to use to insure my Z3

Post by Craig. »

I am in process of searching for my zed and just spoken to my insurance company and they will not let me add another car to my policy.

They said that I will need set up a new policy because you can only insure one car on one policy, but also I can't use my no claims bonus on my second policy.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good company for the zed's or if there is company that allow you to insure two cars on one policy.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Craig.

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Craig. »

Cheers both, I will give admiral try and search the forum.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I only have the one car (my Z), so I can't comment on insuring multiple cars, but I too am with Admiral. I decided to protect my hard-earned no-claims bonus and Direct Line (whom I had been with for years) wanted an extra £100 for it. Admiral only wanted about £30 for guarenteed no-claims, with the basic policies being comparable. So for that alone it's worth switching.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I should have pointed out that online was the cheapest way with Admiral, but I doubt you will be able to fill everything in on the web. I had to give them a call after fillin in most of the details.
Craig.

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Craig. »

Hi Robert T,

I give them ring and see what they can do

thanks
GEEZ3R

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by GEEZ3R »

I too have only the one car to insure, Try Norwich union " quote me happy". I used them for the first time a year ago with no, no claims bonus , points on my licence, did it on line to get 25% discount and got it for £445.00, other companies quoted anything from £1000.00-£2000.00. :D :D :D

GEEZ3R.
Tourniquet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tourniquet »

don't know if it applies to you but bare in mind that many insurance companies wont touch you if you're under 30... like my old insurance company "more than".

currently with first alternative, 25 years, group 16 insurance, 4 years no claims and the best quote I could find was £900 odd fully comp. friendly to mods too (didnt charge extra for a strut brace)
Craig.

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Craig. »

Cheers GEEZ3R,

I'll give Norwich union a try as well.
Craig.

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Craig. »

Hi Tourniquet,

I am currently with churchill and they quoted me just under £600 fully comp on a 2.8 which i thought was pretty reasonable considering I am in my twenties.

If I was you I would give churchill a try because they are very competitive I think you might be surprised, make sure you do it online to get it cheaper.

The only problem I have is that I want to insure two cars but I can only use my no claims bonuses for one of my cars and trying to get insured on any car with zero claim bonus are ridiculous prices

cheers for the help I will give first alternative a try
Icecube

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Icecube »

Why not try BMW Car Insurance. I am insured with them. They were about £20 more expensive than my other cheapest quote but in the event of an accident you know it your car will be fixed using genuine parts
Apolyon

M coupe S50

Post by Apolyon »

Yeah give Churchill a try, I am only 22 3 years NC and they quoted me £850 on a 2.8 2000 plate! Thats a bargain if you ask me.

I just need to find one I want now....
pjharris101

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by pjharris101 »

elephant is always the cheapest for me.

and by the way, it is the same company as Admiral, Bell and Diamond - elephant just has slightly lower rates as it is internet based.
Goz21

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Goz21 »

I've found elephant to be the best for me!

Cora
BiggusLaddus

BMW other

Post by BiggusLaddus »

If you have any points then I would avoid Admiral like the plague.

My renewal for my e36 was £630 (25, 3yrs no claims and good post code), told them about the three points I picked up a couple of weeks earlier (the only points I have ever had), and all of a sudden they wanted £930!!!

Told them to get stuffed, called Adrian Flux - £580 inc points and mods covered like for like (unlike admiral who only replace with standard parts)
..Royal Python.............328 sport.............Suriname Red Tailed Boa
........."Reg".................."The car"..........................."Simo"........
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Icecube wrote:Why not try BMW Car Insurance. I am insured with them. They were about £20 more expensive than my other cheapest quote but in the event of an accident you know it your car will be fixed using genuine parts
Good point. Do they insure in N.I.?

With an M??

scottxxx

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by scottxxx »

Just bought a 1.9 2000 and most places are charging around £1000. 22yo, almost 3 years no claims, been driving 4 years (didn't get my own car until I'd been passed a year), but I've been on my mam's insurance policy as a named driver for the past 5 years, and DirectLine are doing a scheme where you can claim extra no claims if you're on somebody else's policy - and their quote is around £560 fully comp, or about £620 with my mam and dad both on as well, which seems head and shoulders above anyone. Norwich Union just quoted me £1500 so I'm happy I know how ridiculous that is :)
SuzyZ3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by SuzyZ3 »

I am with Tesco, who are underwritten by Direct Line.. I pay approx £380 a year. Fully Comp. on a 1.9 98 R reg. I am 26 now though :roll: I have 8 years no claims bonus though.. :wink:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Glerk! Suzy, surely you're keeping you car in a garage for that?

I have a '99 1.9 and used to be with Direct Line for a whopping £580 - I switched to Admiral for £605 with guarenteed no claims (Direct Line wanted an extra £100 to protect my no claims!).

I'm 33, car is kept off the street, and I have 9 years no claims bonus. I suppose I do live on the edge of the car crime capital of Great Britain :cry:

Short of a sex change, what can I do to reduce my premiums?
John Boy
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John Boy »

Craig. wrote:I am in process of searching for my zed and just spoken to my insurance company and they will not let me add another car to my policy.
Does this mean you are using the Zed as a second car and therefore low mileage? If so have you thought of getting a limited use type of insurance? (the sort where you are limited by mileage done Per Annum)
John Boy
2.8 Z3
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

John Boy wrote:
Does this mean you are using the Zed as a second car and therefore low mileage? If so have you thought of getting a limited use type of insurance? (the sort where you are limited by mileage done Per Annum)
That's an idea....

With an M??

Craig.

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Craig. »

John Boy wrote:
That is a good idea cheers.

But my insurance company will not allow me to use my no claims bonus on my second car.

I thought I would insure the zed using my no claims bonus which I have gathered over the years, and insure my other car without any no claims bonus but the prices are stupid amounts, it's a nightmare. :bawl: