Another newbie........

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Mr B.

M roadster S50

Another newbie........

Post by Mr B. »

Hi all

Well, I am now the proud owner of a rather tasty '98 R M Roadster, having taken in p/x for my previous chariot, a MINI Cooper S Convertible! Strange, but true!!!

Roll on the summer!!!
Attachments
Z3M(1).jpg
(90.3 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Hi and welcome to the Forum :wink:

Nice choice of colour combo, the best in my opinion :P
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

yeah looking good,nice colour,welcome aboard,first thing to do getsome bigger wheels ,you know it makes sence,19inch are nice :lol:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

MrB welcome to the newbie club :D

Bit of a change from the mini eh

I had a cooper s works a few years ago (04 plate) but no comparison to the Z3m.

Get the roof down you know it makes sense :squeeze:
offyourmarks

M roadster S52

Post by offyourmarks »

welcome mr B - nice car sir

i too owned a mini JCW cab in the past - major difference in the two cars.

As you are a newbie, i'll be the first to let you in on a forum secret - Estoril blue ///MR 's are the fastest 8-)
Mr B.

M roadster S50

Post by Mr B. »

Thanks for the welcome chaps!

As I work in the motor industry, I have been fortunate to drive both the M Roadsters and Coupes on many occasions in the past. Loved them, although (and I can't believe I'm about to say this!!!) never really been a big BMW fan. My ideal was to change for a Boxster S, however this opportunity presented itself and so I took the plunge. I work with a couple of guys who own an E36 M3 and E46 M3, so had plenty of advice to call upon.

Will be planning a road trip this summer to the Italian Lakes, and its already been to Scotland and back before crimbo!

Will be sticking to standard size wheels I'm afraid. As intended from the factory! Although, my touch screen nav/i-pod unit is safely installed!!!
Andrew330Ci

blank.gif

Post by Andrew330Ci »

Mr B. wrote:Thanks for the welcome chaps!

As I work in the motor industry, I have been fortunate to drive both the M Roadsters and Coupes on many occasions in the past. Loved them, although (and I can't believe I'm about to say this!!!) never really been a big BMW fan. My ideal was to change for a Boxster S, however this opportunity presented itself and so I took the plunge. I work with a couple of guys who own an E36 M3 and E46 M3, so had plenty of advice to call upon.

Will be planning a road trip this summer to the Italian Lakes, and its already been to Scotland and back before crimbo!
Welcome to the forum! Nice choice of colour. I would love to have a trip to Italy in the M! One day, Scotland another great idea! Fancy a Essex to Scotland run? lol

How does it compare speed wise to the E46? I seem to be on par with my friends Conv.
Mr B.

M roadster S50

Post by Mr B. »

I think the E46 has the edge on performance (obviously more powerful), however I've never been a fan of the noise from the S54 engine. A bit too "metallic" for me. The other downside is that the E46 uses an electronic throttle-body and so "blipping" doesn't really work like it does on the Roadster.

I'm starting to really rack up the miles on the car now, and loving it! Only problem so far is that the passenger door doesn't want to lock off the remote. Anybody got any ideas?
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Welcome Mr B

Regarding door locking, you should have a word with Robin
His car locks itself automatically (with the keys inside) :lol:
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Regards
Titan
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

very most shiney Zed :zmurf:
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney