re-mapping

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
rhendo1

M roadster S52

re-mapping

Post by rhendo1 »

Can anyone point me towards a reputable re-mapping guru in the North West of England? There are many out there but I want a real time engine re-map on a rolling road... No cowboys!

Cheers
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Not sure if this would be too far for you but I know Paul at RS Tuning in Leeds is very good at bespoke mapping and they have just got a new RR too.

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
rhendo1

M roadster S52

Post by rhendo1 »

aceman wrote:Not sure if this would be too far for you but I know Paul at RS Tuning in Leeds is very good at bespoke mapping and they have just got a new RR too.

No Leeds is fine... many thanks :)
///M Breadvan

M coupe S52

Post by ///M Breadvan »

i travelled down to luton for my remap. A place called EVOLVE (a forum sponser on z3MCoupe.com and maybe on here too).

These two guys really know there stuff and do a few differnt remaps including a live remap. They also developed the Simota Induction Kit for the S50 with Simota. One of these guys ran an M Coupe for a number of years so really really knows the cars.

A long way to go (i travelled from Teesside) but worth it in my opinion even for the peace of mind of using someone who is so well respected.

#No connection with me by the way#

I hope this helps,

David
Current: S50, black/Black. Becker HU, AP Racing BBK, Racelogic TC

Ex: S50 Coupe, Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. ACS Suspension. HID's/Angel Eyes. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

rhendo1 wrote:No Leeds is fine... many thanks :)
I have been there a couple of times for RR days the last being at the end of Nov' where my 2.8 made 195bhp pretty much bang on the money really for a standard car. Paul does know his stuff and gets very good results.

I was thinking of organising a RR day for zroadster, may give one of the admins a bell see if it would be ok.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

SpunkyM

M roadster S54

Post by SpunkyM »

Yeh, it will be fine. I'd be quite interested if it was Leeds.
Sapphire Black 02 S54 M Roadster
///M Breadvan

M coupe S52

Post by ///M Breadvan »

SpunkyM wrote:I'd be quite interested if it was Leeds.
Me too!

Ex: S50 Coupe, Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. ACS Suspension. HID's/Angel Eyes. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
rhendo1

M roadster S52

Post by rhendo1 »

///M Breadvan wrote:i travelled down to luton for my remap. A place called EVOLVE (a forum sponser on z3MCoupe.com and maybe on here too).

These two guys really know there stuff and do a few differnt remaps including a live remap. They also developed the Simota Induction Kit for the S50 with Simota. One of these guys ran an M Coupe for a number of years so really really knows the cars.

A long way to go (i travelled from Teesside) but worth it in my opinion even for the peace of mind of using someone who is so well respected.

#No connection with me by the way#

I hope this helps,

David
Many thanks. What sort of price are they charging.. I have been quoted £395+VAT at RStuning in Leeds. Takes about 6 hours apparently. Dyno runs before and after plus all the ECU set up.
rhendo1

M roadster S52

Post by rhendo1 »

aceman wrote:Not sure if this would be too far for you but I know Paul at RS Tuning in Leeds is very good at bespoke mapping and they have just got a new RR too.

I rang Paul and was impressed with him. I am booking the car in mid to late March. £395+VAT which i think is pretty reasonable.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

OK guys I will start looking into a RR day probably around April time. Another location possibility is Manchester at Awesome who are a very professional outfit who have plenty of experience of BMW's.

I will put a post up in the Events section in the next few days to guage interest.

Cheers,
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

///M Breadvan

M coupe S52

Post by ///M Breadvan »

rhendo1 wrote:
Many thanks. What sort of price are they charging.. I have been quoted £395+VAT at RStuning in Leeds. Takes about 6 hours apparently. Dyno runs before and after plus all the ECU set up.
I had a simota induction kit fitted at the same time so price for remap, Simota induction kit and fitting and a few runs on the dyno (before and after) was around £450-£500 i think.

IIRC the Simota was around £250 on its own.

aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Guys, check the diary section for the Leeds rolling road thread :D
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8