Z3M after market alloys

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
rhendo1

M roadster S52

Z3M after market alloys

Post by rhendo1 »

Can anyone send me some details/pics of after market alloys for the Z3MR... suggestions etc.

Cheers
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Choice is limited due to the low offset rears (ET8).

For starters the OE wheels are very unique for a standard wheel and hard to better for suitability (deep dish rear etc). BBS LMs suit the car really well (18") and a few people have gone for bigger 19" but it's pushing it a bit in terms of the drive IMO.
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Re: Z3M after market alloys

Post by namatjira »

rhendo1 wrote:Can anyone send me some details/pics of after market alloys for the Z3MR... suggestions etc.

Cheers
Later this year I will be selling my BBS 19" CH wheels from my Z3MR when I put on some custom wheels from Forgeline. The BBS set were specially made by them for the M Roadster.

Bookmark my details and let me know if you might be interested. Wont be for a few months anyway.

All the best.
Now with both the 411 bhp Supercharged Z3MR and a WRX STi Wagon getting a 3.4 litre transplant and an XKR with mods planned.

Fast is good, faster is better. Wheeeeee !!!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Z3M after market alloys

Post by Gazza »

namatjira wrote: Later this year I will be selling my BBS 19" CH wheels from my Z3MR when I put on some custom wheels from Forgeline. The BBS set were specially made by them for the M Roadster.

Bookmark my details and let me know if you might be interested. Wont be for a few months anyway.

All the best.
Oi !! I have first refusal on those remember :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by namatjira »

Sorry Gazza. I forgot. Yes you do have first refusal. I will tie a know in my handkerchief to remind me.

Cheers

Gaz
Now with both the 411 bhp Supercharged Z3MR and a WRX STi Wagon getting a 3.4 litre transplant and an XKR with mods planned.

rhendo1

M roadster S52

Post by rhendo1 »

namatjira wrote:Sorry Gazza. I forgot. Yes you do have first refusal. I will tie a know in my handkerchief to remind me.

Cheers

Gaz
Where and who did you get to fit your supercharger? What type did you go for? Can you give me a ball park figure for cost? 450bhp... amazing
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by namatjira »

The supercharger is a ProCharger C2 SC and is running about 4 psi boost. It could go to about 7 psi boost without a bottom end rebuild but first the cooling would need improving and possibly the installation of a charge cooler. 7psi should give a 3.2M about 450-480 bhp. A bottom end rebuild, lowering compression ratio etc., would add substantial cost but would also allow higher boost. If that was your goal then I would recommend a larger supercharger to provide more than 1100 cu ft / min as you would need it.

In the end, how much do you want to spend and how far do you want to go.

Since this install, ProCharger now have UK agents so I would definitely recommend trying there first.