Computer games

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

Computer games

Post by Michael McGovern »

Have not really been one for computer games since iv been over the age of 12 but i wouldn't mind having a go at one which has the uk tracks on, would be awsome if one had a m roadster on it too. Any one know of one? bare in mind i have no console (except a wii) but could easy pick up a ps2. they must be going for peanuts now.
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

I used to drive for a team (clan) in the GTR and GTR2 game on the pc. It does not come with that many british tracks, but I do have a lot of additional stuff for it, in fact i do have most of the more popular tracks.

Another game which did have quite a few british tracks on it again for the pc, is TOCA Race Driver 3.
Both these games do need quite a high end spec pc to get the best from them also you do need to invest in a decent wheel and pedals.

Ont the Xbox there is the Project Gothem racing series, more made up tracks, but it does have the Z4, E46 M3 and the nurburgring.

If you click on the www button below it takes you to my website, there are quiet a few screenshots on there for GTR Some of th evideos will not work unless I turn on my spare box here as that is where they are hosted.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I'm wholly addicted to racing games, and I must've spent hundreds of hours on Forza 2 Motorsport (Xbox 360).

I'd recommend it to anyone!

Although no Z cars, from memory it does have plenty of BMW's and approximately 400 cars in total; with endless customisation available on each one! It includes approximately 15 real world tracks and 20 or so virtual tracks.

Some screenshots taken by members on the Forza Motorsport Forum...

Desperado

Not specified

Post by Desperado »

Forze 2 does have a Z3M Coupe I recall, I remember racing against it and thinking how slow it was compared to the Lexus 'bus' I was in!
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Desperado wrote:Forze 2 does have a Z3M Coupe I recall, I remember racing against it and thinking how slow it was compared to the Lexus 'bus' I was in!
Nope, definately no M Coupe... :(

From memory, they have:-

E30 M3
E36 M3
E46 M3
E46 M3 GTR
E92 M3
3.0 CSL

And numerous Race spec cars.
Desperado

Not specified

Post by Desperado »

Sorry, I'm sure there was, I must have been wrong.
Roaders

BMW other

Post by Roaders »

Wow, looks like I'll have to pick this game up - been looking for one with an E92 M3 in.

I assume it has the ring as well?
Desperado

Not specified

Post by Desperado »

Yep but you need to unlock it.... further into the game.
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

The E92 M3 is only available through dowload content, i.e. it's part of an additional 'car pack' that you download once connected to Xbox Live, I think it's only around £4 though and seeing as you can pick up Forza 2 for approx £5-10 on ebay now is still an absolute bargain!
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

anyone played GT legends? apparently it has lots of uk circuits
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

GT Legends, yep played that online too, there were additional tracks available for that one too like GTR. I have most of the british stuff for GTR including Goodwood.

loads of uk tracks mmmmm if you call 2 versions of donnington and mondello park (minis are fun there) loads :lol:

an old game that was just uk tracks was the 2 early Toca Touring Cars games with alain menu driving a Renault Laguna. Had a good cheat for that one so you could drive a tank. Still got Toca 2.

Most racing games do use an international range of tracks due to the nature of the series being depicted. Pure british are few and far between.
You are welcome to come over sometime and give GTR and GT Legends a try, if you want.
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

il need to practice first im officially a button basher. Is there a rolling road meet anytime soon? the car has never been tested would love to see how much its lost.
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

getting given a ps2 today so buying toca 3 il let u know how i get on
exdos

M coupe S54

Post by exdos »

I would highly recommend GTR2 for PC and using a Momo force-feedback steering wheel. You can buy both these things off ebay if not new.

GTR2 comes with a Z3 M Coupe as one of the many cars, but you can obtain loads more cars and tracks from off certain websites for FREE.

I found that practising with GTR2 before I went to The Ring for the first time last year was invaluable because I learnt the track layout and already felt familiar with the place when I drove it for real. Since coming home, and now I know the right lines, my times in GTR2 have tumbled considerably, and I can drive the circuit in GTR2 consistently to within 3 seconds per lap, time and again.

You can adjust the settings of the car in many different ways, such as damper, spring and roll bar settings, tyre pressures, wings etc. to make the car behave how you want. For me, it's the next best thing to driving a car.
PhoenixCoupe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by PhoenixCoupe »

Asda are doing XBox360 Arcades for £97 this weekend.
Don't have a hard drive (they have what is, in effect, a 256MB memory card built in), but, they are the latest Jasper version with the latest chipset and lower power usage. Picked one up as a spare, but, based on the new quieter version, I've swapped the drive over and made it my primary console, which means I have one of each version now...
押忍!闘え!応援団