Recommended Modifications

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Jasper

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Recommended Modifications

Post by Jasper »

another question :D ... although I've read a few comments on potential modifications on the forum..are there any absolute modifications that people would recommend eg front strut brace ??

Also looking at insurance Tesco and Elephant most seem to indicate that they will not insure if modifications have been made, any experience with this? Who is the best if you do modifications?
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

Jasper I'm surprised. Elephant quoted me an extra £50 for an M Coupe if it was lowered less than 50mm & about £100 more if lowered more than that.
'High G' motoring enthusiast
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

tesco won't quote for modifications online, but if you phone up (and lose the 10% online discount) you can insure modifications. i got a quote for my old e30 with them, that had a lot of cosmetic modifications - bodykit, lowered, 17s, quad exhaust, aftermarket rear lights, and lots of other little touches. they actually gave a competitive quote, i thought! but they were certainly willing to insure it.
RIP '98 Arctic Silver 2.8!

Supersprint exhaust * UUC SSK * Clear rears/fronts/sides * Aluminium bee sting aerial * KW coilovers
Jasper

Z3 roadster 2.2i

.. business travel.

Post by Jasper »

thanks - only looked at online quotes thus far (will give them a call), interesting to know the kind of uplifts on the other modifications.. wonder what they charge for front and rear strut brace and performance enhancements (extra BHP)? Also will be used for business purpose - not sure on the uplift for that as previously my Z3 has been a company car, but opting out with the Z3M.
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

BMw insurance covers me for business and were still cheaper than all the other companies. Not sure how they view mods though as my M does not have any. I doubt they would be excessive for safety enhancenments like strut braces etc though. Worth giving them a call.
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: .. business travel.

Post by muffles »

Jasper wrote:thanks - only looked at online quotes thus far (will give them a call), interesting to know the kind of uplifts on the other modifications.. wonder what they charge for front and rear strut brace and performance enhancements (extra BHP)? Also will be used for business purpose - not sure on the uplift for that as previously my Z3 has been a company car, but opting out with the Z3M.
my current tesco's insurance for the z3 comes with business use - no choice in the matter! :P

Supersprint exhaust * UUC SSK * Clear rears/fronts/sides * Aluminium bee sting aerial * KW coilovers
exdos

M coupe S54

Post by exdos »

I've fitted a front strut-brace and a butt strut to my M Coupe. I've informed my insurerers after I'd fitted them and they said "No Problemo". I even got them to send me a letter confirming that I had told them of these mods.

I took out the insurance with DirectLine via the internet in January, and I informed them of the mods in June. No increase in premium.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I was recently trying to get online quotes, non aquired. But when i called the same company most offered the additional 10% online discount if you mentioned it.. Always worth a try, better yours than theirs..
Larri
Z Register member

Not specified

Post by Larri »

We were originally with Tesco's and they were OK with minimal modding, but once we started on Charlotte's ACS makeover in earnest they said they wouldn't cover it. We got a good deal through Adrian Flux with an agreed value on all the mods and like for like replacement. Best in the long run if you are going for body mods

I would heartily reccomend keeping insurers informed about any mods you do - it really isn't worth the hassle if you have a claim and they find out - I speak from long experience on that score (although there are ways to try and get round it......) :twisted:
Larri ......Va Va Vrooooom!
Danger - Blonde with Attitude, light blue touch paper.......and remove yourself from area - sharpish
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

i'm really surprised you couldn't cover stuff like aftermarket bumpers, my car had a full rieger kit. i guess it might be the m and body mods that just pushed it too high...? my old e30 wad a 320i. it looked like this (sorry they're a little big):

Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

As they say in Performance BMW...Nice Ride Muffles :P
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

thanks... i miss it sometimes! :cry:

put so much work in to that, it is all done myself except the respray...on my next (project) e30 i'm planning to respray it myself :mrgreen: so i will be able to properly say i did it all!

BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Snap

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

muffles wrote:i miss it sometimes! :cry:
I miss my 325i sometimes too :(
Attachments
Copy of BMW 325i 2.JPG
Copy of BMW 325i 2.JPG (40.26 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

Image another e30 -> z3 person! how does the 1.9 compare to the 2.5?

BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

Hi muffles :D

I'm sure you will know what I mean when I say - I should have bought the 2.8 Z'd :bawl: :bawl: Cant beat that smooth sounding 6cyl engine and performance :wink:

I also had a 320i too :)
Attachments
BMW 320i.GIF
(163.97 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

hehe, yeah i know what you mean, the 2.8 is such a difference compared to my old 320i...how come you didn't get a 2.8 then? :P

BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

When I was looking for my Z'd, all the 2.8's were sold, so I went and looked at a 1.9 which was low mileage and in excellent condition........so I bought it :)

I have advertised it twice since but didnt get one viewer :|

Mind you, it still beats the XR3i :oops: which I sold to get my Z'd :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. When is 'muffles' going to make his appearance on your avatar :?:
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

BostonGreenZ3 wrote:P.S. When is 'muffles' going to make his appearance on your avatar :?:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

when did you advertise your z3? i would have thought loads of people would be after them in the summer?

BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Arrrrh muffles.....LOL

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

I've sent you a PM :)
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

and here's one for you too... :P

Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Good grief guys - go take cold showers :roll: :wink:
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by muffles »

:P :P :shock:

BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

Giles wrote:Good grief guys - go take cold showers :roll: :wink:
:roflmao:

:roflmao: