Suspension ?????

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
steve01

blank.gif

Suspension ?????

Post by steve01 »

Hey guys n gals

I'm looking at replacing the suspension on my z3 m roadster. Can anyone out there please tell me are bilstein b6 shocks the same set up as the standard shock? I have a pair of standard struts n some new bilstein b6 rear shocks along with original springs would this set up work or would I find the rear of the car looking lower than the front ? Also Ride performance would that be ok or is it a case of ill have to also replace the front shocks with bilstein to match?

Cheers

As always appreciate any advice given
Mad Max

blank

Re: Suspension ?????

Post by Mad Max »

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/site ... stein.html

B4s are OEM replacement, B6s are standard length but increased damping and B8s are increased damping on a shorter shock for lowering springs.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

if i was you i'd go for the same all round....just doing the rear will tighten the it up...a lot...and you will get loads of understeer ...well thats what happened to mine when they sent the wrong ones out and i had to wait a couple of weeks to get the fronts on,,,,,makes the front very sloppy
the badness makes me do it...!

steve01

blank.gif

Post by steve01 »

Cheers guys, ill keep a look out for some front shocks maybe some 2nd hand ones but they rarely seem to come about maybe have to be a money saver Job lol