Eisenmann Fitting Issue

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
issproking

M coupe S50

Eisenmann Fitting Issue

Post by issproking »

Guys

Ive created a post on z3mcoupe.com as I'm having problems fitting new Eisenmann exhaust to my coupe.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15996

Can anyone help with this, really need someone with an Eisenmann fitted to have a look at theirs underneath, not easy I know!
Bi11

M roadster S54

Re: Eisenmann Fitting Issue

Post by Bi11 »

That's my silver M Roadster in the photo. The previous owner fitted the Eisenmann exhaust. It is the sport rather than the race(in case they fit differently). If you go back a page in the thread where you found the picture (Bi11's S54 M Roadster - page 3)there are a couple of pictures that show the fitting brackets. They do look like they may be at a different angle to yours.

I have taken a picture of each side from underneath as best I can (it is lowered). The first picture is the drivers side

The next picture is the passenger side

Basically the brackets on the exhaust sit just below the brackets on the underside of the car so that they both fit in either end of the rubber mounts.

Hope this helps.

Oh and the silencer boxes were polished with autosol, but not the pipes!

Bill
issproking

M coupe S50

Post by issproking »

Hi

Many thanks for the photos, from the angle you have taken them at its a bit more difficult to see but as you say it is clear now that the brackets have simply been welded onto the pipes incorrectly.

I have spoken to a welder/blacksmith and they should be able to correct them once Eisenmann agree to the costs.

Again, thanks for the photos.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Eisenmann, great sound poor fit :( Just make sure the boxes don't drop off like they did on my MINI Cooper S. I had all sorts of problems with their system, it wouldn't even mate to the existing system and had to be modified and wasn't cheap at 800 quid. I don't think Eisenmann actually test these exhausts on the cars they're intended for.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Kornknarr

M roadster S50

Post by Kornknarr »

There is one thing about your cars in Britain and it's the amount of rust! Is it because you can drive more than we who have to hibernate our cars for 6 months?
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Kornknarr wrote:There is one thing about your cars in Britain and it's the amount of rust!
It must be our lovely "moist" climate and the extra amount of oxygen in our lovely fresh air :D
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

Indeed the race is different (well mine are), see here. Not direct on the pipe, but a bracket.

2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue