Roadster Vs Coupe

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Renaud

M roadster S54

Roadster Vs Coupe

Post by Renaud »

Hello All,

Back in 2012, I sold my pristine Z3M roadster for £8900, it was a year 2000 with only 40k Miles, I still regret selling it now, especially as similar cars seem to be going for £13k+ now. Having said that, I did replace it with a 996 C4 cab that was faster on any road and any weather condition, more comfortable and would also seat my two children (at a push). However, it's nowhere near as good or as special as my Z3M was.

The problem with the Porsche, if you can call it a problem, is that its just too efficient and composed. Every time I drove the Z, it brought a real sense of occasion as well as a smile to my face! This eventually brings me onto my question:

As I sold the 996 today, I now have an urge to go back to a Z3M, but this time I'm considering a coupe. What I wanted to know was, have any of you owned both the Z3M Roadster and Coupe, or even experienced multiples of hours behind the wheels of both? Do they have the same leg and head room, or does the coupe have more or less?

The reason I ask this, is that at just over 6.5" tall, I could only drive the roadster for about 90 minutes before needing to get out and stretch my legs. This was one of the reasons that pushed me to get rid of it in the first place. If it transpires that the coupe has the same or less room for the driver than in a roadster, this may make me look at the Z4M's instead. I will of course go and have a look at some in the classifieds , but before spending hours/days traveling the motorways to view potential cars, I though I would ask some advice on here first.

Thanks for your help on this and sorry for the long rambling text, I thought some of the background may help to build a full picture behind my question.

Rgds

R
chill4x4saph

M roadster S54

Re: Roadster Vs Coupe

Post by chill4x4saph »

im 6'2" and have roadsters and a coupe, you wont fit in a coupe as I only just do with the seat fully down (maybe I could go up an inch and still have comfortable head room).

but as far as difference between them?!?!?, not much, they drive the same, go the same, sound the same!, only one can take the roof down but the other has a more useable boot!

I must add though, in my experience (never owned a 996 but driven a few) I didn't find them any faster than a z3m personally!.., more composed maybe, less fun possibly, but not faster. just my opinion.
Renaud

M roadster S54

Post by Renaud »

Thanks for the update,

you have confirmed what I was suspecting, with this in mind I'll concentrate my search on the Z4M's, unless of course any tasty Z3's should pop up locally that I can't resist.

Thanks again

R
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I don't think there's much difference cabin space Coupe to Roadster, both feel pretty cosy! One main reason is the seat position is too high - if you can lower it more than the standard lowest setting then it liberates a lot more space. I have done this by removing foam from the seat base.
Renaud

M roadster S54

Post by Renaud »

Hello C-W

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I would have to go for a Z4M, but last night i went and had a look at Z3M that I couldn't resist, so I'm now going to be back in another Z3M Roadster.

Before I take padding out of the seat, I'll probably try going for less bouffant hair cut and perhaps a bit of yoga so that I can get me legs in more easily! :wink:

Thanks again

R