Z3M Roadster issues s54

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
khanage1

M roadster S54

Z3M Roadster issues s54

Post by khanage1 »

HI Guys - so my Z3M has intermittent EML light coming on and off - generally worse when cold starting once fully warmed up much better. Symptoms include limp mode, poor acceleration, juddering and and uneven accelerations very occasion poor idling and even cutting out after revving high. Only recent issues - before buying a MAF I disconnected the MAF and drove around a fair but made no difference with these issues so I assume MAF is ok. OBDII diagnostics done and showing pedal potentiometer sensor and temp sensor and air flow sensor (I assume the air flow sensor is the MAF) - local garage suggest changing the whole throttle bodies but having read here this seems unlikely as throttle bodies rarely get damaged as strong mechanical part. Forum suggests this is a very very common problem with these cars most likely either one or all the TSP and MAF sensors need changing/cleaning.

Is there a product code for all the sensors (TSP, temp sensor etc) on here I couldn't find any so I can slowly start buying all the sensors? Are the TSP sensors on the front of the engine and the one on the trotter actuator exactly the same part?

thanks guys - summer fast coming to an end and will be a shame to miss most of these days with a lumpy poor drive!!!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Z3M Roadster issues s54

Post by Gazza »

Mine used to go into limp if it revved over 7000rpm, switch of ignition and all was ok until the next time.

Changed all sorts of sensors and it was the O2 sensor on the exhaust, my Indy also suggested changing the Throttle Position Switch at the same time.

Don't forget to erase the codes.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
khanage1

M roadster S54

Post by khanage1 »

Cheers Gazza - any idea of part numbers and if the TSP on the actuator is identical to the one on the front of the engine?
:-D :-D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

He changed the TPS on the front of the engine.

Part No.s can be found on http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select enter the last seven digits of your VIN to browse parts for your car.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
khanage1

M roadster S54

Post by khanage1 »

Thanks