S54 could be for sale...

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives

Moderator: Gazza

S54 could be for sale...

Postby Gooseacre » Thu 09 Mar, 2017 22:27

Hi all,

It is with a heavy heart that I may need to sell my S54. It is a little over 100k but well looked after with lots of receipts, service history etc. I have had it for over 3 years but is currently SORNed; I had a very serious bicycle accident in November - nearly died! - hence I have not been driving since then - made sense to SORN my roadster. It seems increasingly likely that I will not get back to driving it hence may look for a new home.

Before I advertise etc. is anyone reading the forum keen on finding and buying (!) an original S54? It has not been changed from stock at all apart from a stereo and braided clutch cable (as far as I know and can tell!)

David
2001 Z3M S54 LB64010 #10/73
Image
Gooseacre
 
Joined: Thu 10 May, 2012 18:18
Posts: 145

  M roadster S50

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby pingu » Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:00

Sorry to read about the accident. I hope you get better soon.
Pingu

Image

Fav Quote
tight fart on Pistonheads wrote: "By the time that I realised that my Dad was right, I had a son who thought I was wrong."
http://www.porterbility.co.uk/Stuff.htm
User avatar
pingu
 
Joined: Fri 30 Apr, 2004 16:01
Posts: 3337

  M roadster S50
Location: Long Eaton

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby BeemerBoyo » Fri 10 Mar, 2017 07:14

You must be gutted about having to let the car go. Hope you make as full a recovery as you can. How much are you looking for the car and does it have aircon and power roof?

Thanks
2002 E37 BMW Z3 2.2 Sport
2008 E93 BMW 3 series 325i m sport convertible

Previous BMW cars

2007 E87 BMW 1 series 120D
2013 F21 BMW 1 series 120D
BeemerBoyo
 
Joined: Mon 10 Feb, 2014 10:51
Posts: 94

  Z3 roadster 2.2i
Location: Teesside

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby yamsel1 » Sat 11 Mar, 2017 19:55

Hi David
I would be great to join the ranks of the '73' so have got to ask the crunch question....
How much were you thinking?
Regards
Les
yamsel1
 
Joined: Sat 03 May, 2014 19:53
Posts: 49

  M roadster S50

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby Gooseacre » Sat 11 Mar, 2017 20:26

Gutted to be asking this question as I love having a car so rare. To answer the question "how much" I will need to reverse it as I don't definitely have to sell it! How much is someone looking to spend on one of the 73! It is so difficult to estimate the value. I have seen adverts recently for high mileage S50s over 20k.
2001 Z3M S54 LB64010 #10/73
Image
Gooseacre
 
Joined: Thu 10 May, 2012 18:18
Posts: 145

  M roadster S50

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby pingu » Sat 11 Mar, 2017 23:03

Start high.

Try webuyanycar.com and then double, or treble it.

They are quoting £9k for my 130,000 example, so I'd advertise at £18k and lower as summer approaches. Someone would think they got a bargain when they pay £15k in May or June on a car advertised at £16.5k
Pingu

Image

Fav Quote
tight fart on Pistonheads wrote: "By the time that I realised that my Dad was right, I had a son who thought I was wrong."
http://www.porterbility.co.uk/Stuff.htm
User avatar
pingu
 
Joined: Fri 30 Apr, 2004 16:01
Posts: 3337

  M roadster S50
Location: Long Eaton

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby Gooseacre » Sun 14 May, 2017 16:29

It's up on the stock exchange forum.

Anyone got any suggestions for other free places to advertise?. I believe Pistonheads was free a number of years ago but costs £12 for 30 days now.
2001 Z3M S54 LB64010 #10/73
Image
Gooseacre
 
Joined: Thu 10 May, 2012 18:18
Posts: 145

  M roadster S50

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby g8jka » Sun 14 May, 2017 17:30

Gumtree is free
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
ImageImageImageImage
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
User avatar
g8jka
Z Register member
 
Joined: Sun 18 Apr, 2010 21:16
Posts: 1139

  Z3 roadster 2.8
Location: Telford

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby Renaud » Sun 14 May, 2017 20:39

Sorry to hear about your accident and that the S54 has to go.

I'm a keen cyclist and each day that I go out, it now feels like I'm playing roulette as to whether today will be the day that I get taken out... :(

Ive just seen your advert/post for the Z and I think that £21.9K is a very reasonable price for such a rare car ( I am slightly biassed!). I sold my last S50, the Family Ford Smax, a VW T5 Camper and my 911 all through Piston heads over the last four years and had no problems with any of the sales. At the time, I think they charged £10 for an advert and always thought it was money well spent compared to Auto-trader.

Good luck with the sale and your ongoing recovery.

R.
Renaud
 
Joined: Mon 14 Nov, 2011 21:07
Posts: 71

  M roadster S54
Location: Newbury

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby petecossie » Sun 14 May, 2017 22:24

Gooseacre wrote:It's up on the stock exchange forum.

Anyone got any suggestions for other free places to advertise?. I believe Pistonheads was free a number of years ago but costs £12 for 30 days now.


In January I put a car on Pistonheads for a friend and since I was a Pistonheads member it was free as it has with previous adverts I've put entered. I sold my last three BMWs on Pistonheads, so I've had a lot of success with that site over the last 10 years. So unless the policy has changed, sign up as a member and it should be free.

Good luck with the sale.
Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black Interior.
Image
Previous BMWs
2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black Interior.
2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black/Black Interior
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
petecossie
zroadster sponsor
 
Joined: Wed 11 Apr, 2007 13:13
Posts: 113

  M coupe S50
Location: Billingham

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby Gooseacre » Mon 15 May, 2017 19:52

Renaud wrote:Sorry to hear about your accident and that the S54 has to go.

I'm a keen cyclist and each day that I go out, it now feels like I'm playing roulette as to whether today will be the day that I get taken out... :(

Ive just seen your advert/post for the Z and I think that £21.9K is a very reasonable price for such a rare car ( I am slightly biassed!). I sold my last S50, the Family Ford Smax, a VW T5 Camper and my 911 all through Piston heads over the last four years and had no problems with any of the sales. At the time, I think they charged £10 for an advert and always thought it was money well spent compared to Auto-trader.

Good luck with the sale and your ongoing recovery.

R.


Thank you for your thoughts and words. I'd been cycling for just over 12 months - car pulled out in front of me. Chance in a million! Nearly died...
2001 Z3M S54 LB64010 #10/73
Image
Gooseacre
 
Joined: Thu 10 May, 2012 18:18
Posts: 145

  M roadster S50

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby Gooseacre » Mon 15 May, 2017 19:53

petecossie wrote:
Gooseacre wrote:It's up on the stock exchange forum.

Anyone got any suggestions for other free places to advertise?. I believe Pistonheads was free a number of years ago but costs £12 for 30 days now.


In January I put a car on Pistonheads for a friend and since I was a Pistonheads member it was free as it has with previous adverts I've put entered. I sold my last three BMWs on Pistonheads, so I've had a lot of success with that site over the last 10 years. So unless the policy has changed, sign up as a member and it should be free.

Good luck with the sale.


I am a member of the site but it still looks like it wants to charge me £11.99 for 30 days. Are there different kinds of "memberships"?
2001 Z3M S54 LB64010 #10/73
Image
Gooseacre
 
Joined: Thu 10 May, 2012 18:18
Posts: 145

  M roadster S50

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby Gooseacre » Mon 15 May, 2017 19:55

Gooseacre wrote:
petecossie wrote:
Gooseacre wrote:It's up on the stock exchange forum.

Anyone got any suggestions for other free places to advertise?. I believe Pistonheads was free a number of years ago but costs £12 for 30 days now.


In January I put a car on Pistonheads for a friend and since I was a Pistonheads member it was free as it has with previous adverts I've put entered. I sold my last three BMWs on Pistonheads, so I've had a lot of success with that site over the last 10 years. So unless the policy has changed, sign up as a member and it should be free.

Good luck with the sale.


I am a member of the site but it still looks like it wants to charge me £11.99 for 30 days. Are there different kinds of "memberships"?


Just been digging and only free ads for those members since 2008 or earlier - not me unfortunately
2001 Z3M S54 LB64010 #10/73
Image
Gooseacre
 
Joined: Thu 10 May, 2012 18:18
Posts: 145

  M roadster S50

Re: S54 could be for sale...

Postby petecossie » Mon 15 May, 2017 21:53

I didn't realize I had been a PH member since 16th Sept 2004 when I logged into the site tonight!! No wonder I get ads for free. :)
Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black Interior.
Image
Previous BMWs
2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black Interior.
2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black/Black Interior
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
petecossie
zroadster sponsor
 
Joined: Wed 11 Apr, 2007 13:13
Posts: 113

  M coupe S50
Location: Billingham


Return to M Roadster and M coupé

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests