waterproofing the roof.

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
plowy

BMW other

waterproofing the roof.

Post by plowy »

I have just re done my roof with the BMW impregnator stuff and......... :? :? Hmmmmm, not much effect I don't think, can someone tell me of what is used to waterproof it ??, would bhe nice to see water bead off it like a wax jacket...... :wink:
madmare

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by madmare »

I've used Renovo on mine - that beads nicely - although it doesn't if there has been really really heavy rain - of which there has been a lot lately - I don;t know if I need to add more or if that is 'normal' but I suppose even the most waterproof roof can get soaked!
Roadmonster
Z Register organiser

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Roadmonster »

Hi,

I also used renovo, first the cleaner and then the proofer. As said this beads beautifully and seems to keep the dirt off also.

On the bottle it suggested re-application every six months so I'm due to do again shortly. As I was pleased with the results, I'm gonna use the renovo again.

:D I love my zed
trickyb

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by trickyb »

I have also previously tried the BMW stuff, and wasn't impressed.

Used the AutoGlym stuff instead. Good result, and again needs doing twice a year.

I'm going to try the Renovo stuff next time as many on here rave about it.
I spent most of my money on whisky, women and Z3's. The rest I just wasted.

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

I've used the Renovo too and it's brilliant.

Cheers P :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

I have AutoGlym on mine and its still beading after 6 months. £15 from all good car spares.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The BMW stuff needs to be mixed up at the right concentration - you need a lot less liquid than you might think! I made my last application up too weak and it didn't work quite as well. It still beads, but only when it gets a small amount of water on it. It does still work though, as I was covering my soft-top to keep moggies off, and so I dried it first - and it dries off really easily. I've got the hardtop on now, but when it comes off it I will be using some BMW roof cleaner I bought at a discount and then giving it a proper application of Impregnating Agent. Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Here are some photos of beading after using Renovo Cleaner, 3 Coats of Reviver, then Proofer.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

trickyb wrote: Used the AutoGlym stuff instead. Good result, and again needs doing twice a year.

time to mine again then :wink:
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
plowy

BMW other

Post by plowy »

Outlets for the 'Renovo' please guys..???????
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

plowy wrote:Outlets for the 'Renovo' please guys..???????
www.renovointernational.com
www.ebay.co.uk
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.